JCP.Next: JSR 348 Public Review Meeting for SLs Tomorrow!
By Heather VanCura on Aug 31, 2011
This is a reminder that all Spec Leads are invited to join members of the Java Community Process Program Management Office tomorrow morning to give us feedback on the proposed changes to the JCP program currently being developed as JSR 348, Towards a new version of the Java Community Process, which will be implemented as JCP 2.8. Changes are coming soon, as outlined in the Public Review draft documents, and we want your feedback. Please take some time to review the Public Review Draft and let us know if you plan to attend the call.
Topic: JSR 348 and you
Date: Thursday, September 1, 2011
Time: 8:30 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)
URL for JSR 348 Public Review draft:
The JSR 348 Expert Group - your elected Executive Committee - is continuing work on the draft. There is also a document being developed regarding the Maintenance Process here.
Here is an outline of the changes we think are of interest to/will have some impact on Specification Leads in JCP 2.8.
Items from JSR 348 which may be of particular interest:
* public mailing list requirement (1.1.1)
* issue tracker (1.1.2)
* persistence of licenses (1.1.3)
* removing an expert process (1.2.1 - 1.2.2)
* replacing a Spec Lead (1.2.3)
* JSR Deadlines and Renewal ballot (1.3)
* list of implementations (1.4)
* Escalation and appeals (1.7)
* publicly visible EG nomination process (2.4)
* forming EG within 14 days (2.4)
* Public Review draft ballot duration, also after PR (3.4)
* Maintaining RI and TCK links into perpetuity (4.3)
* Maintenance: required summary of comments (5.2)
* Maintenance Review Ballot (5.2)
* Maintenance Release process (5.3)
* Section 6.2: combining the ECs
* Section 6.3, item #9: ECs decide when JSRs that have not made sufficient progress through the Process
and should be withdrawn.
See email for call in details or send request to pmo at jcp.org, Everyone interested in providing feedback should send comments here. We look forward to hearing from you!