JCP Program 2011 EC Special Election!
By Heather VanCura on Apr 14, 2011
This week marks the beginning of the 2011 JCP Executive Committee (EC) Special Election!
There are 4 open EC seats that will be filled during this Special Election. There are 3 seats on the SE/EE EC (2 ratified, 1 elected) and 1 seat on the ME EC (elected). See below for more details.
The nominations phase of the election began on Tuesday--the PMO accepts nominations from the Community for a period of 2 weeks. The nomination phase for this special election, where every eligible JCP member can self-nominate for the 2 open elected seats (1 on SE/EE EC, 1 on ME EC) is open until Monday, 25 April. You must use your election login credentials to nominate and vote on the JCP Election site--these were sent to the primary contact of every eligible JCP member via email earlier this week. Following the nomination period, the ballot will be open for voting by the JCP program membership from 26 April - 9 May. Results will be published on Tuesday, 10 May.
Summary of Special Election seats:
- SE/EE EC
- Doug Lea's ratified seat (term ends 2013); Goldman Sachs, represented by John Weir has been nominated
- Apache's ratified seat (term ends 2013); SouJava, represented by Bruno Souza has been nominated
- Tim Peierls' elected seat (term ends 2012); nominations open now!
- ME EC:
- Sony-Ericsson's elected seat (term ends 2011); nominations open now!
Special Election Timeline:
See the JCP election page for more details: http://jcp.org/en/whatsnew/elections
- Nominations open: 12-25 April
- Ballot open: 26 April - 9 May
- Results published/new EC member effective date: 10 May