JCP 2012 Award Nominations Announced
By Heather VanCura on Aug 30, 2012
The 10th Annual JCP Program Award Nominations have been posted on JCP.org. The community gets together every year during JavaOne to congratulate the winners and nominees at the JCP Community Party held in San Francisco.
This year there are three awards: JCP Member/Participant
of the Year, Outstanding Spec Lead, and Most Significant JSR.
Member of the Year:
- Stephen Colebourne
- Markus Eisele
- JUG Chennai
- Werner Keil
- London Java Community and SouJava
- Antoine Sabot-Durand
Outstanding Spec Lead
- Michael Ernst, JSR 308, Annotations on Java Types
- Victor Grazi, Credit Suisse, JSR 354, Money and Currency API
- Nigel Deakin, Oracle, JSR 343, Java Message Service 2.0
- Pete Muir, Red Hat, JSR 346, Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java EE 1.1
Most Significant JSR
- API for JSON Processing, JSR 353
- Money and Currency API, JSR 354
- Java State Management, JSR 350
- Java Message Service 2, JSR 343
- JCP.Next, JSR 348, JSR 355, and JSR 358
Congratulations to the nominees; you can read the nomination text and more information about the awards here. And remember to join us on Tuesday, 2 October at the Infusion Lounge to celebrate with the winners and nominees!