Ballot opens today for 2011 JCP EC Election
By Heather VanCura on Oct 18, 2011
The JCP program 2011 Executive Committee (EC) Elections are now open. JCP Member Primary contact representatives will receive their Election ballot voting instructions via email today.
This year there are 3 ratified seats and 2 elected seats to fill on the Standard/Enterprise Edition Executive Committee and 3 ratified seats and 2 elected seats to fill on the Micro Edition Executive Committee. View all of the candidates and their ballot information--for the SE/EE EC and ME EC candidates. As you can see, there is quite a bit of healthy competition for the 2 open seats on the SE/EE EC (9 candidates-5 corporations, 3 individuals and 1 JUG) and the 2 open seats on the ME EC (5 candidates-3 corporations and 2 individuals).
Here is the list of the candidates for the Standard/Enterprise Executive Committee:
- Azul Systems, represented by Gil Tene
- Central Ohio Java Users Group, represented by Dan Sline
- CloudBees, represented by Steven Harris
- Gaurav Tripathi
- John Harby
- Jushan Jayathilake
- Software AG, represented by Greg Luck
- Twitter, Inc., represented by Attila Szegedi
- Tongtech, represented by Li Ming
- Ratified candidates: Ericsson AB, represented by Magnus Lonnroth, SAP, represented
by Steve Winkler, Intel, represented by Anil Kumar.
And here is the list of the candidates for the Micro Edition Executive Committee:
- aicas GmbH, represented by James Hunt
- Alex Terrazas
- ARM Limited, represented by Sloss
- Cox Communications, represented by Craig Smithpeters
- Werner Keil
- Ratified candidates:IBM, represented by Mark Rogalski, Nokia, represented by Erkki Rysa, SK Telecom, represented by Hoojong Kim
There will be a "Meet the Candidates" conference call on Thursday, 20 October 8:30 am PDT. This is a great opportunity to meet the candidates, listen to their qualification statements and ask questions. Don't miss this great opportunity to meet the Executive
Here are the conference call details:
Conference code: 1810344
Security passcode: 4556
The Executive Committee Special Election Voting Schedule:
Elections Vote: October 18 - October 31, 2011
Elections Results: 1 November 2011
More information on the EC Elections.