By Heather VanCura on Sep 17, 2013
As promised in my earlier post regarding the upcoming JavaOne Conference in San Francisco, below is a more complete (although not exhaustively comprehensive or official) list of JCP-related sessions happening during the week. A big 'thank you' to those who contributed their sessions to help build the list! There is something for everyone, drawing from Java EE, Java SE and Java ME JSR standards. If I missed something, please utilize the comments section below.
Add the sessions of interest to you to Schedule Builder, in advance of the start of the conference, to ensure your spot at your preferred sessions.
Saturday, Java University sessions include:
- Getting Started with the Java EE 7 New Features with Eduardo Moranchel and Edgar Martinez.
- JSF from a New Perspective: JSF 2.2, HTML5, Bean Validation 1.1, EL 3.0, JPA 2.1 with Ed Burns and Oliver Szymanski.
- Java Performance Tuning with Ben Evans.
- Using Java 7 & 8 Features in your code with Martijn Verburg and Richard Warburton.
Sunday, Java User Group Sunday, sessions led by JUG members and leaders:
- 8:00-9:00 am UGF10329: Introduction to Java 7 and 8: JVM, Language, and Platform.
- 9:15-11:15 am UGF9871: GlassFish Community: The Foundation for Opportunity.
- 10:30-11:30 am UGF10520: Java 8: The Good Parts
- 12:00-3:00 pm KEY11050 Java Strategy and Technical Keynotes.
- 4:45-5:45 pm UGF10363: OpenJDK and JCP: Success Through Contribution.
- 6:00-7:00 pm UGF10364 & UGF10365: JCP Community Meeting, Part 1 & 2 (aka JCP Public EC Meeting).
- 8:30-9:30 am CON10175: Java Caching (JSR 107): The State of the Union, with Spec Leads Greg Luck and Brian Oliver.
- 10:00-11:00 am CON3241 It Takes a Community, with Dalibor Topic, Donald Smith and Iris Clark.
- 10:00-11:00 am CON5919: Easier Messaging with JMS 2.0, with JSR 343 Spec Lead Nigel Deakin.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON1861: Enhanced Metadata in Java SE 8, with JSR 308 Spec Leads Alex Buckley, Michael Ernst, and Joe Darcy.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON4951: CLDC 8: New Features and Opportunities for the Small Java Core Libraries, with JSR 360 Spec Lead, Michael Lagally.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON7292: Three Key Concepts for Understanding JSR 352: Batch Applications for the Java Platform, with Expert Group Member, Timothy Fanelli.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON3733: JSR 341: Expression Language 3.0, with Spec Lead, Kin-Man Chung.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON6617: Java EE 7: What’s New in the Java EE Platform, with JSR 342 Spec Leads, Bill Shannon and Linda DeMichiel.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON3436: Inside the Java WebSocket API, with JSR 356 Spec Lead, Danny Coward.
- 1:00-2:00 pm CON6064: Introducing the Java Time API in JDK 8, with JSR 310 Spec Leads, Roger Riggs and Stephen Colebourne.
- 3:00-4:00 pm CON4667: JCP.Next Panel Discussion, with JCP Chair, Patrick Curran and EC members, Ben Evans, Scott Jameson, Mike Milinkovich and Bruno Souza.
- 6:00 pm 11th Annual JCP Party and Awards Ceremony!!
- 8:30-9:30 am CON3294: JSF 2.2 New Features in Context, with JSR 344 Spec Leads, Ed Burns and Roger Kitain.
- 10:00-11:00 am CON7941: Lambda: A Peek Under the Hood, with JSR 335 Spec Lead, Brian Goetz.
- 10:00-11:00 am CON1924: Seven Deadly Sins, with JSR 342 Expert Group Member, Markus Eisele.
- 11:30-12:30 am CON9732: The Modular Java Platform and Project Jigsaw, with Java Architect, Mark Reinhold.
- 1:00-2:00 pm CON6700: Java Persistence 2.1, with JSR 338 Spec Lead, Linda DeMichiel.
- 3:00-4:00 pm CON7950: Transcending Enterprise Identity with the Java Identity API, with JSR 351 Spec Lead, Ron Monzillo.
- 3:00-4:00 pm CON7759: Enterprise JavaBeans 3.2 with Examples, with JSR 345 Spec Lead, Marina Vatkina and Expert Group Member, David Blevins.
- 3:00-4:00 pm CON4510: Fifty New Features of Java EE 7 in 50 Minutes, with Java EE Evangelist, Arun Gupta and JSR 342 Expert Group Member, Antonio Goncalves.
- 4:30-5;15 pm BOF2795: Meet the Java EE Specification Leads, with the Java EE 7 JSR Spec Leads.
- 6:30-7:15 pm BOF5267: Money and Currency in Java: Best Practices, Libraries, and JSR 354, with Spec Lead, Anatole Tresch, and Expert Group Member, Stephen Colebourne.
- 7:30 - 8:15 pm BOF4672: Meet the JCP Executive Committee, with the Nominees of the 2013 JCP EC Elections.
- 8:30-9:15 pm BOF3884: Adopt-a-JSR Workshop, with Martijn Verburg, Brouno Souza and Heather VanCura.
- 8:30-9:30 am CON4179: Where Next with OpenJDK Community Build and Test?, with Stuart Marks, Martijn Verburg, Ben Evans, Steve Poole, and Richard Warburton.
- 8:30-9:30 am CON7809: What’s New in Portlet 3.0 and JSF 2.2, with JSR 344 Spec Lead, Ed Burns and JSR 362 Expert Group Member, Neil Griffin.
- 10:00-11:00 am CON7942: Java 8 Streams: Lambda in Top Gear, with JSR 335 Spec Lead, Brian Goetz and Paul Sandoz.
- 10:00-12:00 pm TUT1805: Build.now(); True Real-Time Applications with Java EE 7 (A Hack Session), with JCP Member, Mohamed Taman.
- 11:30-12:30 pm CON:3368: Bean Validation: What Does It Look Like in Practice?, with JSR 349 Spec Lead, Emmanuel Bernard.
- 1:00-2:00 pm CON6091: Converting to the New Date and Time API in JDK 8, with JSR 310 Spec Leads, Roger Riggs and Stephen Colebourne.
- 1:00-2:00 pm CON7731: JSR 353: JSON Processing API in Action, with Spec Lead, Jitu Kotomraju.
- 3:00-4:00 pm CON9783: Ask the JDK Architects, with John Rose, Brian Goetz, Mikael Vidstedt, and Mark Reinhold.
- 3:00-4:00 pm CON5356: Finally, JAX-RS 2.0 Is Final: A New Standard in RESTful Web Services Development, with JSR 339 Spec Leads, Santiago Pericas Geertsen and Marek Potociar.
- 9:00-10:30 am KEY11027: Community Keynote.
- 12:00-1:30 pm CON7948: JSR 236: Introduction to Concurrency Utilities for Java EE 1.0, with Spec Lead, Anthony Lai and Expert Group Member, Fred Rowe.
- 3:30pm-4:30 pm CON2406: Java EE 8 and Beyond, with representatives from IBM, RedHat, Apache Foundation, Oracle, and Antonio Goncalves.
- 4:30 pm It's s Wrap Party!