Java Spotlight Podcast 4: John Jullion-Ceccarelli - Netbeans Development Manager
By Roger Brinkley on Nov 18, 2010
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java free and open source software ambassador, and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Evangelist.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Mobility Podcast in iTunes.
- Oracle's JVM Strategy http://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/2010/11/oracles_jvm_strategy.html
- "Oracle Announces JDK Roadmap for Advancing Java SE" press release http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/173782
- JavaOne "Oracle's Java Virtual Machine Strategy" session http://openworld.vportal.net/?auid=11798
Oracle and Apple Announce OpenJDK Project for OSX
- Press release: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/11/12openjdk.html
- Henrik's blog post: http://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/2010/11/oracle_and_apple_announce_openjdk_project_for_osx.html
- Mike Swingler's e-mail to java-dev list: http://lists.apple.com/archives/Java-dev/2010/Nov/msg00104.html
- CDI/Weld news (performance) http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/weld_1_1_in_glassfish
- Yet another release (for paying customers) http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/entry/first_patch_for_oracle_glassfish
- GlassFish 3.1 in NetBeans 7 beta: restart in debug mode, remote log viewing, application-scoped resources, better Web Services testing, easier domain creation. NetBeans also now allows EJB and ACC modules to be deployed as standalone artifacts, while debugging an EAR file that contains an ACC client will now start two debugging sessions, one on the client, one on the server. Check Vince's blog for all the details: http://blogs.sun.com/vkraemer/
- GlassFish jobs too!
- Doug Lea's plans for java.util.concurrent: http://cs.oswego.edu/pipermail/concurrency-interest/2010-November/007499.html
- Maurizio Cimadamore has made a lambda finder available: http://bit.ly/cxRHzF
- Parallel Looping Constructs in Java: Lambda expressions to the rescue? http://bit.ly/bHRs2E
- JDK 7 build 118 is here: http://bit.ly/ab6rxd
- binary snapshot release: http://bit.ly/aZrKbd
- changes: http://bit.ly/9PkMWb
- includes a diamond finder: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/langtools/rev/fadc6d3e63f4
Transcript for this show is available here