Java Spotlight Podcast 3: Greg Bollella - Chief Architect of Embedded Java
By Roger Brinkley on Nov 11, 2010
Interview with Greg Bollella, Chief Architect of Embedded Java on Embedded Java and Java ME futures. This coincides with the new relase of Java SE embedded 6u21 as announced in Jacob Lehrbaum's blog New embedded release delivers latest Java features, better performance and more!
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Mobility Podcast in iTunes.
Before the end of the elections
- Henrik Stahl: http://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/2010/10/doug_lea_leaves_the_jcp_ec.html
- Adam Messinger: http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/stacking_the_jcp_election#comment14 (on the JCP votes closing today)
- Savio Rodrigues: http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/moving-beyond-the-java-dead-hype-460
- Bill Burke (JBoss): http://bill.burkecentral.com/2010/10/26/jcp-is-salvagable/ ("JCP is Salvageable")
SE/EE Executive Committee Results
- Ratified seats: Apache Software Foundation, Red Hat.
- Open seats: Eclipse, Google.
- JCP members did not ratify Hologic for the SE/EE EC. As the JCP process document prescribes, the PMO will hold an additional ratification ballot for the remaining SE/EE seat soon.
- Oracle Comments: http://blogs.oracle.com/henrik/2010/11/comments_on_jcp_ec_election.html
- Ratified seats: Research in Motion (RIM), Samsung, TOTVS
- Open Seat Election: Apix, Stefano Andreani
- Devoxx, Antwerp, Belgium - Week of Nov 15th
- DOAG conference, Nuremburg, Germany, week of November 15th
- Eclipse DemoCamp Hamburg, November 12th.
Transcript for this show is available here