Java Spotlight Episode 86: Tony Printezis on Garbage Collection First
By Roger Brinkley on Jun 12, 2012
Interview with Tony Printezis on Garbage Collection First (GC1).Right-click or
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- JSR 358: A major revison of the Java Community Process - JCP 3.Next
- JAX-RS 2.0 Early Draft- Third Edition
- June 11-14, Cloud Computing Expo, New York City
- June 12, Boulder JUG
- June 13, Denver JUG
- June 13, Eclipse Juno DemoCamp, Redwoood Shore
- June 13, JUG Münster
- June 14, Java Klassentreffen, Vienna, Austria
- June 18-20, QCon, New York City
- June 19, CJUG, Chicago
- June 20, 1871, Chicago
- June 26-28, Jazoon, Zurich, Switzerland
- Jun 27, Houston JUG ??
- July 5, Java Forum, Stuttgart, Germany
- Jul 13-14, IndicThreads, Delhi
- July 30-August 1, JVM Language Summit, Santa Clara
Tony Printezis is a Principal Member of Technical Staff at Oracle, based in Burlington, MA. He has been contributing to the Java HotSpot Virtual Machine since 2006. He spends most of his time working on dynamic memory management for the Java platform, concentrating on performance, scalability, responsiveness, parallelism, and visualization of garbage collectors. He obtained a Ph.D. in 2000 and a BSc (Hons) in 1995, both from the University of Glasgow in Scotland. In addition, he is a JavaOne Rock Star, a title awarded for his highly rated JavaOne session on GC.
- JavaOne content selection is complete. Notifications done.