Java Spotlight Episode 59: Alan Bateman on the NIO2 APIs in JDK 7
By Roger Brinkley on Dec 07, 2011
Interview with Alan Bateman on NIO2 APIs in JDK 7.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Stuart Marks on JDK 8 Warnings Cleanup Day: https://stuartmarks.wordpress.com/2011/11/30/jdk8-warnings-cleanup-day/ - wiki: http://wikis.sun.com/display/OpenJDK/JDK8+warning+cleanup+day+%282011-12-01%29
- Jonathan Giles on OpenJFX: http://fxexperience.com/2011/12/its-alive-openjfx-is-kicking-off/
- Source code for JavaFX UI controls now available on openjfx: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2011-December/000006.html|JavaFX UI controls now available on openjfx
- Java ME SDK 3.0.5 released
- Microcontroller development with NetBeans
- Dec 5-7, UKOUG, Birmingham, UK
- Dec 6-8, Java One Brazil, Sao Paulo
- Dec 8, RuhrJUG, Essen, Germany
- Dec 9 UAIJUG, Uberlandia
- Dec 9 CEJUG, Fortaleza/CE
- Dec 10 GUJAVA, Florianopolis
- Dec 10 ALJUG, Maceio/AL
- Dec 11 Javaneiros, Campo Grande/MS
- Dec 12 GOJAVA, Goiania/GO
- Dec 13 RioJUG, Rio de Janeiro
- Feb 4-5, FOSDEM, Brussels, Belgium
Alan Bateman is an engineer in the JDK team in Oracle. For JDK 7 he has mostly been focused on the core libraries/APIs and lead JSR-203 that defined the new file system API and asynchronous I/O APIs that are new in JDK 7.
- Chris Aniszczyk on following @OpenJDK on Twitter: http://robilad.livejournal.com/105233.html
- Deepak Bhole on making OpenJDK 7 the default JDK in Fedora Rawhide: http://robilad.livejournal.com/106350.html
Transcript for this show is available here when available.