Java Spotlight Episode 56: Stephan Janssen, Java Champion, on Devoxx and Parleys
By Roger Brinkley on Nov 14, 2011
Interview with Stephan Janssen, Java Champion, on Devoxx and Parleys
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Devoxx Live Recording of the Java Spotlight Podcast. Come be part of the live recording. November 18, 10:45am in BOF 1 room next to the info desk
- Wanted: Java Code Brainteasers
- Adopt a JSR
- Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5
- First binary snapshots of Project Lambda are available
- JSF 2.2 recent progress - Early Draft
- Latest OEPE (22.214.171.124) - Eclipse 3.7.1-based
- Nov 14-18 Devoxx, Antwerp
- Nov 15-17, DOAG, Nuremberg, Germany
- Nov 22-25, OTN Developer Days in the Nordics
- Nov 22-23, Goto Conference, Prague
- Dec 6-8, Java One Brazil, Sao Paulo
Stephan Janssen is a serial entrepreneur that has founded several successful organizations such as the Belgian Java User Group (BeJUG) in 1996, JCS Int. in 1998, JavaPolis in 2002 and now Parleys.com in 2006. He has been using Java since its early releases in 1995 with experience of developing and implementing real world Java solutions in the finance and manufacturing industries. Today Stephan is the CTO of the Java Competence Center at RealDolmen. He was selected by BEA Systems as the first European (independent) BEA Technical Director. He has also been recognized by the Server Side as one of the 54 Who is Who in Enterprise Java 2004. Sun has recognized in 2005 his efforts for the Java Community and has engaged him in the Java Champion project. He has spoken at numerous Java and JUG conferences around the world.
- Increased interest in Mobile and Embedded topics, on the heels of the JavaOne announcements. Speaking engagements, etc
- PodFodder: John Duimovich on IBM & OpenJDK at JavaOne 2011
- Oracle Releases Oracle Solaris 11, the First Cloud OS
Transcript for this show is available here when available.