Java Spotlight Episode 54: Stuart Marks on the Coinification of JDK7
By Roger Brinkley on Nov 02, 2011
Interview with Stuart Marks, Principal Member of Technical Staff, on the coinification of JDK 7.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel is Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Why Developers Should Not Write Programs That Call 'sun' Packages
- How to build a successful Java User Groups (JUG)
- javax.batch : new "Batch" JSR
- OpenJDK Discussion About JavaFX
- Mark Reinhold on OpenJDK Bylaws
- Nov 01 JUGAR, Buenos Aires
- Nov 02-04 Eclipse Con Europe, Ludwigsburg, Germany
- Nov 7-11, OREDEV, Malmo, Sweden
- Nov 08 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Shenzhen
- Nov 10 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Beijing
- Nov 14-18 Devoxx, Antwerp
- Nov 15-17, DOAG, Nuremberg, Germany
- Nov 22-23, Goto Conference, Prague
Stuart W. Marks is a Principal Member of Technical Staff in the Java Platform Group at Oracle. He is currently working on enhancing the core libraries of the JDK. He has previously worked on JavaFX and Java ME at Sun Microsystems. He has over twenty years of software platform product development experience in the areas of window systems, interactive graphics, and mobile and embedded systems. Stuart holds a Master's degree in Computer Science and a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University. In this interview we talk about the coinification of JDK 7.
Transcript for this show is available here when available.