Java Spotlight Episode 50: Jasper Potts on Java FX 2.0 Release
By Roger Brinkley on Oct 03, 2011
Jasper Potts, Developer Experience Architect at Oracle, talks about the release of JavaFX 2.0.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel is Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate; Tomas Nilson, Java SE Principal Product Manager; and Ashwin Rao, Netbeans Principal Product Manager.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- NetBeans at the JavaOne 2011 Conference
- Java Spotlight Live Recording at JavaOne, October 5 3pm Parc 55 Powel 1-2
- Oct 2-6 JavaOne San Francisco
- Oct 11 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Atlanta, Grand Hyatt Atlanta
- Oct 20 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Romania
- Oct 26 Enterprise-JavaSE OTN Dev Days, Chicago, Westin Michigan Avenue
- Oct 26 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Beijing
- Oct 28 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Shenzhen
Jasper Potts is the Developer Experience Architect for the Java Client Group at Oracle. Responsible for technical design for everything thats sis on the core platform including Controls, Tools, Samples and Blueprints. Formally a lead engineer on the JavaFX & Swing teams working on the new JavaFX UI Controls and Graphics frameworks. Also responsible for designing, developing and presenting demos during the keynotes at JavaOne and Devoxx. A JavaOne Rockstar presenter having presented many sessions on JavaFX and Swing at many conferences. Prior to Sun he founded Xerto a desktop applications company developing Imagery a Java professional photo management application. In this interview Jasper talks about the recently release Java FX 2.0.
Transcript for this show is available here when available.