Java Spotlight Episode 48: Stephen Chin in JavaOne 2011 SF Sessions
By Roger Brinkley on Sep 19, 2011
Stephen Chin, Java One Rock Star and Java Champion, gives a review of three of his upcoming sessions at Java One 2011 in San Francisco.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Java Licensees Java Special Interest Group Meeting - Oct 2 9-11 am and Oracle Partner Luncheon immediately after.
- EclipseCon Europe Java 7 Track Talks and Schedule
- JSR 348 passes Public Review Ballot & JCP Elections
- Jersey 1.9 and 1.9.1
- Reminder: Java EE, GlassFish at JavaOne - A Bird's Eye and GlassFish Community Event & Party
- Sep 20 Chicago JUG
- Sep 20 Atlanta JUG
- Sep 20 Normandy JUG
- Sep 21 Brussels JUG
- Sep 24 Nova JUG
- Sep 23 Ukraine JUG
- Sep 23 OpenWorldForum
- Sep 27 Ann Arbor JUG
- Sep 29 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Portugal
- Oct 2-6 JavaOne San Francisco
- Oct 11 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Atlanta, Grand Hyatt Atlanta
- Oct 20 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Romania
- Oct 26 Enterprise-JavaSE OTN Dev Days, Chicago, Westin Michigan Avenue
- Oct 26 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Beijing
- Oct 28 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Shenzhen
Java Champion Stephen Chin is Chief Agile Methodologist for GXS, a company that has for 20 years been in the supply chain and EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) marketplace. In his spare time, he works on various JavaFX projects, such as JFXtras, a collection of utilities, add-ons, and samples for the JavaFX language, Piccolo2D, a Zooming User Interface (ZUI) library for Java., and Visage, a DSL for building UIs based on JavaFX Script. Chin, along with James Weaver, Weiqi Gao, and Dean Iverson, is the author of Pro JavaFX 2 Platform: A Definitive Guide to Script, Desktop, and Mobile RIA with Java Technology. This interview focuses on three of the four sessions that Stephen is presenting at Java One 2011 in San Francision
- Serli, giving back to the community
- Downloading and installing maven artifacts as modules
Transcript for this show is available here when available.