Java Spotlight Episode 47: JavaOne 2011 San Francisco
By Roger Brinkley on Sep 13, 2011
Alvina O'Neal, the JavaOne Conference Lead, and Sharat Chander, the JavaOne Program Chair, discuss what attending developers can expect for JavaOne 2011 San Francisco with regards to the programming and logistics for the event.Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel is Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Project Lambda Syntax
- New Java Developer Preview from Apple, new API for OpenJDK
- Java Champion Josh Marinacci has a new article titled “Client-Side Improvements in Java 6 and Java 7” up on otn/java’s "Developer Spotlight"
- Sep 14 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, New York City, NY Doubletree Suites at Times Square
- Sep 14 Toulouse JUG
- Sep 15 OpenBlend, Ljubljana
- Sep 19 Kazhan JUG
- Sep 20 Chicago JUG
- Sep 20 Atlanta JUG
- Sep 20 Normandy JUG
- Sep 21 Brussels JUG
- Sep 24 Nova JUG
- Sep 23 Ukraine JUG
- Sep 23 OpenWorldForum
- Sep 27 Ann Arbor JUG
- Sep 29 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Portugal
- Oct 2-6 JavaOne San Francisco
- Oct 11 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Atlanta, Grand Hyatt Atlanta
- Oct 20 Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Romania
- Oct 26 Enterprise-JavaSE OTN Dev Days, Chicago, Westin Michigan Avenue
- Oct 26 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Beijing
- Oct 28 Mobile-Enterprise OTN Dev Days, Shenzhen
Alvina O'Neal is the JavaOne Conference Lead and Sharat Chander is
the Java One Program Chair. In this interview we talk about JavaOne 2011
at San Francisco and what attending developers can expect with regards to the programming and logistics for the event. Below is the diagram for the Mason Street Cafe that is talked about in the interview.
Mason Street Cafe
Where do I get an Ubunto bundle of JDK 7? OTN Dev Days Toronto
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-7 for ubuntu oneiric
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-7/+bug/807220 for the backporting to natty
- GoJava (Goias User Group - Brazil) completed 10 years old
- Joe Darcy on JDK7 Change Sets
Transcript for this show is available here when available.