Java Spotlight Episode 42: Chen Fishbein on LWUIT 1.5 Release
By Roger Brinkley on Aug 11, 2011
Discussion with Chen Fishbein on the LWUIT 1.5 release.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel is Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- OTN Interview with with Greg Bollella, Chief Architect, Embedded Java: A Fresh Look at Embedded
- Moving Java Forward: New Java Training!
- Information on JDK 7 for Apple MacOSX is available at the project page or status page
- OSCON Java 2011: Video Highlights
- Java Magazine is released. More information here
- Adam Messinger talks to InfoQ About Java 7 and 8
Chen Fishbein has been working with Java since 2000, since joining Sun 7 years ago Chen turned his focus to the field of mobile development. Chen has led multiple large scale projects for leading carriers across the globe where he is best known for leading the Sprint Wireless Toolkit effort which is one of the most successful J2ME development tools.
Today Chen is the lead architect and founder of the LWUIT project where he is responsible for one of the most disruptive platforms in mobile Java development. In this interview he talks about the new changes in 1.5.
- A more supported javalike platform for lego mindstorms is the lejos project. Find it on sourceforge guest
- Playing around with a Wireless Module by Cinterion (http://www.cinterion.com/). Full-featured Java platform, with cellular data, TCP/IP, serial IO and GPIO, ADC/DAC, digital audio, flash file system, and more. Tiny piece of hardware, low power, cheap. More later on my blog.
Transcript for this show is available here when available.