Java Spotlight Episode 39: Daniel Smith on Project Lambda
By Roger Brinkley on Jul 20, 2011
Interview with Daniel Smith, Project Lambda Specification Lead, on Project Lambda
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador, and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- GlassFish 3.1.1 Release Candidate 1 is here (another one this week before the final version)
- BeanValidation 1.1 is now JSR 349 - In addition to JSF and JPA, integrations with JAX-RS, JAXB, CDI and EJB are now considered.
- RedHat ships JBoss AS 7, a community and Java EE 6 Web Profile release. Welcome to a world of modularity and performance!
- SAP joins OpenJDK
- JSR 203: More New I/O APIs for the JavaTM Platform ("NIO.2") passed the Final Approval Ballot.
- JSR 292: Supporting Dynamically Typed Languages on the JavaTM Platform passed the Final Approval Ballot.
- JSR 334: Small Enhancements to the JavaTM Programming Language passed the Final Approval Ballot. Joe Darcy's blog post.
- July 19, Toledo, Brazil (UNIPAR)
- July 19, Wroclaw, Poland (Wroclaw JUG)
- July 20, Rockville, MD (MCJUG)
- July 20, Houppeville, France (Normandy JUG)
- July 21, Maringa, Brazil (RedFoot)
- July 21, Lyon, France (LyonJUG)
- July 25-27 OSCON Portland, OR,
- July 26, Lapeer, MI, USA (AAJUG)
- July 29, Marseille, FRance (Mars JUG)
- July 30, Beijing, China (Beijing JUG)
- July 31, Shebin El Kom, Egypt
Daniel Smith is a Java language designer and compiler developer at Oracle. He is a recent addition to the Java language team and leads development of the Lambda specification. He previously worked at LogicBlox, developing a database query language grounded in logic programming. He received a PhD in Computer Science from Rice University, doing research on type inference in object-oriented languages.
- GlassFish YouTube Channel @ 1000+ subscribers, expect more when GlassFish 3.1.1 ships
- @java Twitter feed has more then 30 000 followers.
Transcript for this show is available here when available.