Java Spotlight Episode 38: Adam Messinger, Vice President of Development in the Fusion Middleware group at Oracle, on JDK 7 release and more
By Roger Brinkley on Jul 12, 2011
Interview with Adam Messinger, Vice President of Development in the Fusion Middleware group at Oracle, on JDK 7 release, JDK 8 and more.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador, and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Java 7 launched but more events coming up
- Videos from the Java 7 celebration webcast.
- JDK 7: Release Candidate
- Moving Java Forward: A Video Discussion about Java 7 with Adam Messinger, Mark Reinhold, John Rose and Joe Darcy
- GlassFish Releases : 2.1.1, 3.0.1 and 3.1.1 RC out any time now
- July 11, Natal, Brazil (JavaRN)
- July 11, Maplewood, MN (TCJUG)
- July 12, Oostkamp, Belgium (BeJUG)
- July 12, Edmond, OK (Oklahoma City Java Users Group)
- July 12, San Francisco, CA (San Francisco JUG)
- July 12, Des Moines, IA (Central Iowa JUG)
- July 13, Allen, TX (JavaMUG)
- July 13, Cook, Austraila (Canberra JUG)
- July 13, Belmont, CA (Silcon Valley JavaFX User Group)
- July 14, Fortaleza, Brazil (CEJUG)
- July 14, Boadilla del Monte, Spain (javaHispano)
- July 14, Dusseldorf, Germany (Rheinjug - Dusseldorf)
- July 14, Simpsonvillie, SC (GreenJUG)
- July 14, Utrecht, Netherlands (NLJUG)
- July 15, Bangalore, India (BOJUG)
- July 15, Sibiu, Romania (JUG Sibiu)
- July 15, Saint Petersburg, Russia (FOSSLabs SPB)
- July 15, Kazan, Russia (Kazan JUG)
- July 16, Salvador, Brazil (JavaBahia)
- July 16, Pune, India (JUG Pune)
- July 16, Mammamet, Tunisia (TnJUG)
- July 18, New York, NY (NYCJUG)
- July 18, Kolkata, India (ErecMac
- July 19, Toledo, Brazil (UNIPAR)
- July 19, Wroclaw, Poland (Wroclaw JUG)
- July 20, Rockville, MD (MCJUG)
- July 20, Houppeville, France (Normandy JUG)
- July 21, Maringa, Brazil (RedFoot)
- July 21, Lyon, France (LyonJUG)
- July 25-27 OSCON Portland, OR,
- July 26, Lapeer, MI, USA (AAJUG)
- July 29, Marseille, FRance (Mars JUG)
- July 30, Beijing, China (Beijing JUG)
- July 31, Shebin El Kom, Egypt
Adam Messinger is the Vice President of Development in the Fusion Middleware group at Oracle.
italic_Will the getter/setters be automatic in the Value class changes_italic
The feature list of JDK 8 is still being planned. Value types would be best done with VM support; that feature is on John Rose's long list of features nice to have someday, but I wouldn't expect it for 8 given the other work going on. For property classes, this is again a long-requested feature; working out the details would be contentious and I would not set expectations that this would be in 8.
Transcript for this show is available here when available.