Java Spotlight Episode 35: JVM Performance and Quality
By Roger Brinkley on Jun 20, 2011
Interview with Vladimir Ivanov, Ivan Krylov, Sergey Kuksenko on the JDK 7 Java Virtual Machine performance and quality.
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador, and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- GlassFish 3.1.1 re-planning done, first RC on July 7th, lots of component updates following customer and community feedback
- Mojarra 2.1.2 is here, just a little ahead of the GlassFish 3.1.1 release. In other JSF-related news, JSF 2.0 has a first expert draft
- New OpenJDK Project proposed: JDK 7 Update
- June 20-23 JAX, San Jose, CA
- June 21 Java + MySQL Webinar at 9:00 AM PDT
- June 21-23 JaZoon, Zurich, Switzerland
- June 22nd and 28th GlassFish Webinars (one in Portuguese)
- June 29-July 2 12th Forum Internatioal Software Livre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- July 3, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil
- July 5, Brasilia, Brazil (DFJUG)
- July 6, Goiania, Brazil (GOJava)
- July 6-10 The Developers Conference, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- July 7 Java 7 Launch Event live in Redwood Shores, CA; Sao Paulo, BR; London, England.
- July 9, Joao Pessoa, Brazil (PBJUG)
- July 11, Natal, Brazil (JavaRN)
- July 14, Fortaleza, Brazil (CEJUG)
- July 16, Salvador, Brazil (JavaBahia)
- July 19, Toledo, Brazil (UNIPAR)
- July 21, Maringa, Brazil (RedFoot)
This weeks feature interview is with Vladimir Ivanov, HotSpot JVM Quality Engingeer; Ivan Krylov, Licensee Engineering; and Sergey Kuksenko, Java SE Performance Team on the JDK 7 Java Virtual Machine peformance and quality.
- Ongoing OpenJDK Bylaws ratification results
Transcript for this show is available here when available