Java Spotlight Episode 30: Henrik Ståhl, Senior Product Director, on Java Platform Development
By Roger Brinkley on May 17, 2011
Part one of a two part interview with Henrik Ståhl, Senior Product Director, on Java Platform Development
Joining us this week on the Java All Star Developer Panel are Dalibor Topic, Java Free and Open Source Software Ambassador, and Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine, Java EE Developer Advocate.
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Java Community Process 2011 Executive Committee (EC) Special Elections Results
- May 20 OTN Dev Days, Redwood Shores
- May 24 Oracle Java Developer Day, Bucharest, Rumania
- May 25 Oracle Java Developer Day, Brisbane, Australia
- May 26 Oracle Java Developer Day, Brno, Czech Republic
- May 27 Oracle Java Developer Day, Perth, Australia
- May 31 GlassFish Bootcamp Santa Clara, CA
- June 6-9 Cloud Computing Expo, New York, NY
- June 20-23 JAX, San Jose, CA
- June 21-23 JaZoon, Zurich, Switzerland
Henrik Ståhl is Senior Director of Product Management at Oracle and has worked in the industry for more than 20 years in various roles including support, network engineering, systems development, IT security, performance engineering and for the last six years with product strategy. After the Oracle acquisition of Sun, he runs a group responsible for product strategy for Java SE, JRockit, Exalogic and other Oracle products.
In this first part of a two part series, Henrik talks about Oracle's strategy for Java, the JVM convergence, and the changes coming in JDK 7.
- JavaOne India
- GeeCON, another great sold-out Java conference
- IT-Care in Curitiba
Transcript for this show is available here when available.