Java Spotlight Episode 21 - Stephen Chin, Java Champion, on Visage
By Roger Brinkley on Mar 15, 2011
Interview with Stephen Chin, Java Champion, on Visage, the opened sourced Java FX Compiler for Java FX 2.0
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- The Server Side Symposium coming out this week:
- interesting keynotes (Steve Harris and Adam Messinger for the Oracle part)
- Jerome, Adam Bien, websockets, ...
- Jim Knutson, Java EE Architect, WebSphere, IBM, Presenting: Core Java Track Keynote: Enterprise Java Platforms for the Next Decade
- GlassFish 3.1:
- We often mention GlassFish, JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, Geronimo, IBM WebSphere and sometimes Caucho Resin but JOnAS is also approaching Java EE 6 with a 5.2 M5 release.
- March 17, 2011 10:00 AM GMT - WebLogic Troubleshooting & Performance Tuning Webcast
- March 17, 2011 PCQuest - SparkIT 2010
- March 21-24, 2011 Eclipse Con
- March 22, 2011 OTN Developer Day, Bangalore
- March 23 OTN Developer Day, Pune
- March 24 OTN Developer Day, Chennai
- March 30 NJUG(Nashiville JUG), Roger Brinkley, Java 7 Language Features & Language Roadmap
- April 7 OTN Developer Day, Reston VA
- April 12,13 JavaOne Russia, Moscow
Java Champion Stephen Chin is Chief Agile Methodologist for GXS, a company that has for 20 years been in the supply chain and EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) marketplace. In his spare time, he works on various JavaFX projects, such as JFXtras, a collection of utilities, add-ons, and samples for the JavaFX language, Piccolo2D, a Zooming User Interface (ZUI) library for Java., and Visage, a DSL for building UIs based on JavaFX Script. Chin, along with James Weaver, Weiqi Gao, and Dean Iverson, is the author of Pro JavaFX 2 Platform: A Definitive Guide to Script, Desktop, and Mobile RIA with Java Technology. This interview focuses on the Visage project, an open source implementation of the Java FX Compiler for Java FX 2.0