Java Spotlight Episode 143: Arun Gupta on the Java EE 7 Essentials Book @arungupta
By Roger Brinkley on Aug 27, 2013
Interview with Arun Gupta, Java EE & GlassFish Evangelist, on his new book Java EE 7 Essentials.
Right-click or Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Raspberry PI at JavaOne
- Schedule Builder now Live
- Glassfish and Friends Party at JavaOne 2013
- In JDK 8, source/target 1.5 and earlier with javac will be considered obsolete and generate a warning by default
- Sean Mullan - I will be speaking at JavaOne 2013 on "Using the New JDK 8 Security Features"
- Sean Mullan - JEP 130: SHA-224 Message Digests
- Seán Coffey - [7u communication] 7u40 progress update.
- Aug 20-30 Java EE 7 Celebrations in Africa
- Sep 11-12, JavaZone, Oslo, Norway
- Sep 19-20, Strange Loop, St. Louis
- Sep 22-26, JavaOne San Francisco 2013, USA
- Sept 24-27, JFokus Concurrency Specialist Course, Stockholm
- Sep 28, Houston Techfest
- Oct 5-6, SVCC, San Francisco Bay Area
- Oct 28-30, JAX London, London
- Nov 4-8, Oredev, Malmö, Sweden
- Nov 6, JFall, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nov 11-15, Devoxx, Belgium
Arun Gupta is a Java EE & GlassFish Evangelist working at Oracle. Arun has over 14 years of experience in the software industry working in various technologies, Java(TM) platform, and several web-related technologies. In his current role, he works very closely to create and foster the community around Java EE & GlassFish. He has participated in several standard bodies and worked amicably with members from other companies. He has been with the Java EE team since it’s inception. And since then he has contibuted to all Java EE releases.
He is a prolific blogger at http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta with over 1,000 blog entries and frequent visitors from all over the world reaching up to 25,000 hits/day. His new Java EE 7 Essentials is now available on O’Reily
- New Scientific Duke
- JFokus Concurrency Specialist Course, Sept 24-27 Stockholm
- New features upcoming in JavaFX 8 by Pixel Duke
- OpenJDK PowerPC/AIX Port reaches another milestone
- The Register: The 'third era' of app development will be fast, simple, and compact