Java Spotlight Episode 140: Dr Heinz Kabutz on the Secrets of Concurrency-Part 1 @heinzkabutz
By Roger Brinkley on Aug 06, 2013
Part 1 of an interview with Dr Heinz Kabutz, Java Champion, on the secrets of concurrency.
Right-click or Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Java ME Embedded 3.3 and Oracle Java ME SDK released
- Virtual Developer Day, Mobile Development for iOS and Andriod
- JavaEE 7 javadocs are available online: http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/
- Aug 7, Virtual Developer Day, Mobile Development for iOS and Andriod
- Sep 11-12, JavaZone, Oslo, Norway
- Sep 19-20, Strange Loop, St. Louis
- Sep 22-26 JavaOne San Francisco 2013, USA
Heinz is a Java programmer living on the beaches of the Island of Crete in the Mediterranean. It is from there that he publishes his entertaining "Java Specialists' Newsletter", read by about 70000 Java experts in at least 130 countries (http://www.javaspecialists.eu/countries.html). Heinz tries to "push the envelope" with Java, so if you've ever wondered how to create new enum values on-the-fly (and why this is a bad idea, but why it might be useful), or if you want tips on Java coding style and threading, this publication might be for you. Warning: It is only for advanced Java programmers and those with a sense of humor.
Sign up for Heinz' Secrets of Concurrency.
- With Java at its core, Twitter supports more than 400 million Tweets per day. Java Magazine article.
- “surveys show that Java ME is now the third-most frequently-used language for embedded development (around 20 percent), rivaling C/C++ “ Chris Rommel, analyst at the VDC Research Group quoted in Application Development Trends.