Java Spotlight Episode 137: Rory O'Donnell on the Java Test Fest
By Roger Brinkley on Jun 18, 2013
Interview with Rory O'Donnell, Senior Quality Engineering Manager, on the Java Test Fest at the London JUG and for JUGs everywhere.
Right-click or Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Spotlight Podcast in iTunes.
- Java EE 7 SDK
- The Java EE 7 Tutorial
- Java EE 7 Essentials Book
- JSON 1.0, EJB 3.2, Batch 1.0 Replay: Java EE 7 Launch Webinar Technical Breakouts on Glassfish Videos YouTube Channel
- FREE Virtual Developer Day: Java SE, Java EE, Java Emebedded on Jun 19th and 25th
- TZUpdater for JDK 7 available (again)
- June 19 Virtual Developer Day - Java, Americas, 9AM PDT
- June 25 Virtual Developer Day - Java, EMEA, 10AM CEST
- Jul 16-19, Uberconf, Denver, USA
- Jul 22-24, JavaOne Shanghai, China
- Jul 29-31, JVM Summit Language, Santa Clara
- Sep 11-12, JavaZone, Oslo, Norway
- Sep 19-20, Strange Loop, St. Louis
- Sep 22-26 JavaOne San Francisco 2013, USA
Rory O’Donnell, Senior Quality Engineering Manager, on LJUG Java Test Fest and how other JUGs can implement their own Java Test Fest.
What's a TestFest? OpenJDK needs more high quality open testcases. Contributors to OpenJDK need to be confident that their changes are sound and do not cause problems elsewhere. The available testcases in OpenJDK are a great starting point. We want to build on those tests and expand both the number of tests and the test coverage of the JDK. We want to create a larger, more comprehensive, test suite for OpenJDK and we need your help to do that.
- Meet the OpenJDK Tests
- JTReg Tutorials:
- Part I - Getting started with jtreg
- Part II - jtreg testcase examples
- Part III - TestNG Testcases with jtreg
- Part IV - Contributing to OpenJDK
- OpenJDK PowerPC Port: Endorsed and Funded
- Hack OpenJDK with NetBeans IDE
- The SD Times 100: ‘Best in Show’ in Software Development - OpenJDK in Influencers Category
- Engineer Alan Bateman of the JDK team walks you through the tests available in OpenJDK, including where the tests live, what the tests do at a high level, and how they are run.
It includes an introduction on using the jtreg harness. It describes the nuts and bolts of a jtreg test case. How to execute a jtreg test case, an example of a test case and a review of the log file produced. Also a demo of the above is included and finally some links to reference materials.
- As the name suggests it includes test examples. It also includes a demo on test execution/debugging failures. Finally, it includes links to reference materials.
- This video describes how TestNG test cases are supported by jtreg. The video includes demos to help understand how to write TestNG test case under jtreg. There are links to reference materials.
- This video describes how to contribute tests to OpenJDK. It includes recommended practice for tests and information about OpenJDK workspace. There are links to reference materials.