Java Spotlight Podcast 11 - TIM Cellular Application Store
By Roger Brinkley on Jan 06, 2011
Control-click to download this MP3 file. You can also subscribe to the Java Spotlight Podcast Feed to get the latest podcast automatically. If you use iTunes you can open iTunes and subscribe with this link: Java Mobility Podcast in iTunes.
Version 4.3 contains bug fixes and the following new features and notable behavior changes:
- MDI and SDI window layout styles are no longer available. The tabbed window layout style is now the only available user interface.
- GUI colors are now partially configurable in the Preferences dialog. Other settings are still available via the command line.
- During services start-up, more information is provided to show progress.
- Saving of previous desktop is now disabled by default (was enabled previous to this release).
- Usability improved in the main test tree. Can now multi-select and right-click to choose from a context menu.
- Java EE 6 = Less Code + More Power with Arun Gupta, January 20-21, Budapest, Hungary
- Oracle User Group Leader Summit, January 24-26, at Oracle Headquarters, Redwood Shores California.
TIM application store. Developers can learn a little more of the business model and benefits and know how to be part of TIM Application Store here.
- Alexis: http://www.jroller.com/scolebourne/entry/what_about_jsr_310
- Roger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI
Transcript for this show is available here