Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
Thursday Feb 19, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 19, 2015
JavaOne Latin America
São Paulo, Brazil
June 23 - 25, 2015
As previously announced, JavaOne is returning to São Paulo in Brazil. This year, there will be an additional track dedicated to Java, DevOps and the Cloud. There is still time to send your proposals. The call for papers is open for another week until Feb 27. You can submit to the five conference tracks:
- New! Java, DevOps and the Cloud: focuses on the role Java plays in software as a service and platform as a service, as well as other service-related topics such as developer operations, multi tenancy and security practices.
- Core Java Platform: covers material fundamental to all users and variants of the Java platform, including the latest developments in Java Virtual Machines, the evolution of the Java programming language, deep technical explanations of new library features and JVM languages
- Java and the Internet of Things: discusses Java technologies as the platform for embedded and M2M environments as well as covering device usages of Java technologies including Java SE Embedded, Oracle Java ME Embedded and Java Card
- Server Side Java: covers the latest updates and best practices for persistence, security, CDI, transactions, Java Message Service (JMS) 2.0, Concurrency Utilities for Java EE, batch APIs, and more.
Veteran and first-time speakers from the community are all invited to submit proposals. Of special interest are innovative uses of Java, practical relevant case studies/examples/ practices. Both English and Portuguese submissions are accepted. Speakers on accepted submissions will receive a complimentary pass with access to all conference sessions. Submit your proposals today.
Tuesday Sep 23, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 23, 2014
Thursday Jul 31, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 31, 2014
User group leaders from around the world meet once a year at JavaOne. Each year, they organize the Forum meeting the Sunday before JavaOne. Speakers and topics are vetted by community. Anyone attending JavaOne whether they belong to a user group or not are invited to those sessions. Make sure you arrive on time for the Forum on Sunday. It starts at 8:00am at Moscone West. Among the topics this year are NetBeans community and tools, Java EE and Glassfish update, lightning talks about productivity, Java tools for Maven and Java EE, free Java tools and how to teach Java. And you don't want to miss James Gosling. He will present his latest work on the Raspberry Pi, Robots and Small Devices. If you have not registered already.
Tuesday Jul 01, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 01, 2014
With those tools in hand, join the community online and on social media using #JavaOne. The content catalogue is live; feel free to refer to technical sessions, BoFs, tutorials, hands-on labs and the fun activities.
The party has already begun - be part of it!
Wednesday Sep 18, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 18, 2013
Tuesday Sep 10, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 10, 2013
Friday Oct 05, 2012
Thursday Sep 27, 2012
- Gosling is admiral of a fleet of robotic marine drones
- What’s Inside Oracle Cloud for You
- A New Way to Program in Java EE 8
- 3D Printing with a Java Rockstar
- Robots Look for Human Companions at JavaOne
- New Java Releases Will Tackle Developer Pain Points
- Help Build the Future at the JavaOne Hackergarten
- Bay Area Duchess Dinner at JavaOne
- Vote on the sessions at JavaOne
- Ignite at JavaOne