Thursday Aug 28, 2014
In a Java Magazine interview, Jim Manico (pictured on the right) describes his JavaOne session on security. "I will be speaking about the top coding techniques and essential tools, including several Oracle Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), Apache, and Google open source Java projects that will help developers build low-risk, high security applications". Jim is an author and educator of developer security-awareness training. You can find more details of his session in JavaOne content catalog
His session is part of a dedicated track about Java and Security, which addresses topics ranging from security tools and coding techniques to innovative products, and includes participation from recognized security leaders discussing policies and best practices. While the value of offensive security techniques is recognized, the focus of this track is primarily on defensive measures.
Check out all the topics in the Java and Security track
Tuesday Sep 17, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 17, 2013
Make sure you pack for JavaOne and San Francisco. On our short list is:
- A jacket! It can be chilly and maybe even rain.
- Your Oracle login. Be sure to bring your oracle.com account login information when you walk through the doors of Moscone South, Moscone West, or the Hilton San Francisco Union Square. You’ll need the user name and password you created for your JavaOne 2013 registration to check in and receive your badge, as well as to gain access to My Account and Schedule Builder at the event.
- Consider downloading a ride-sharing service app. SideCar, Lyft, and Uber are popular alternative to yellow taxis. These are unregulated ride-sharing services, so ride at your own risk.
In your schedule, be sure to add keynotes, hangout places, social events and more:
- Keynotes are on Sunday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm at Moscone North, Hall D
- Fun networking events: Taylor Street Café Open House, The Oracle Appreciation Event, It’s a Wrap!
- On your break, hang out at the Buzz House at Taylor Street Café, and relax at Game Zone in Parc 55. Check out the list of activities at the Zone.
- In the exhibit hall, the Java DEMOgrounds, OTN lounge, exhibitor stands will be open from 9:30am to 5:00pm. New this year at the OTN lounge is the JavaOne Codegarten where you can contribute to open source projects.
Don't miss DJ Tall Sasha at the Open House at Taylor Street Café, Sunday at 7pm!
- JavaOne Sessions Overview
- Tell Your Manager about JavaOne: A How-To
- Featured Speakers Worth Buzzing About
- Don't Miss Java University!
- Book Your Hotel Today and Save!
- JavaOne 2015 Rock Stars Are Here
- JavaOne4Kids Needs You!
- Experience JavaOne 2016
- Submit Nominations for Duke's Choice Awards Latin America
- Register for JavaOne Latin America