Tuesday Mar 17, 2015
Tuesday Feb 03, 2015
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
The JavaOne sessions are the premier source of learning for Java. Available now are over 300 tutorials and conference sessions from experienced community and Oracle presenters who share their know-how on the Java platform and ecosystem. The sessions touch all the topics presented at JavaOne 2014 including client, Java platform, Internet of Things, JVM languages, security, server-side, tools, and cloud.
Thursday Sep 25, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 25, 2014
The Java Champions are an exclusive group of passionate Java technology and community leaders, nominated by community. These JavaOne rockstar speakers share their kow-how in all the JavaOne tracks including client, core Java platform, Internet of Things, JVM languages, security, tools, server-side, cloud and methodology. Check out their sessions:[Read More]
Monday Sep 22, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 22, 2014
Wednesday Sep 17, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 17, 2014
Q: What are you looking forward to this year at JavaOne?
Weaver: Near and dear to my heart is the Community keynote that I am leading this year. It has just been amazing to talk to community members and learn about their projects using Java, Java 8, and IoT. During the Community keynote, we will showcase those amazing people and projects from the community.[Read More]
Tuesday Sep 16, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 16, 2014
“Being able to debug and profile robots out at sea is a truly life-altering experience,” Gosling explains. He uses a set of tools—consisting of editors, debuggers, and profilers—that are part of the NetBeans IDE. At the JavaOne 2014 NetBeans Community Day, he will present the session “James Gosling, Robots, the Raspberry Pi, and Small Devices” [UGF8907] on Sunday, September 28. He will also present “Debugging and Profiling Robots with James Gosling” [CON6699] on Wednesday, October 1. Geertjan Wielenga, Mark Heckler, José Pereda, Johannes Weigend, Shai Almog and Jens Deters will join him to discuss those two topics.
Join him as he closes out the JavaOne Community Keynote with a fun, historical perspective of the genesis of Java, and a T-shirt toss! The Community Keynote will be held in the Marriott Marquis, Salon 7/8/9, on Thursday, October 2, 2014
Monday Sep 15, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 15, 2014
Simon Ritter, an Oracle Java Technology Evangelist who is renowned for his entertaining and informative JavaOne sessions, has been in the IT business since 1984 and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from Brunel University in the U.K.
Originally working in the area of UNIX development for AT&T UNIX System Labs and then Novell, Simon moved to Sun Microsystems in 1996 where he started working with Java technology both in technology development and consultancy. At Oracle, he now focuses on the core Java platform and Java for client applications. He also continues to develop demonstrations that push the boundaries of Java for applications like gestural interfaces.
Friday Sep 12, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 12, 2014
In a Java Magazine article, senior Java architect Hendrik Ebbers talks about his JavaOne sessions and JavaOne. "There will be some very cool JavaFX, community, open source and Internet of Things talks this year. The talks are always very professional; I have never experienced a bad one. So don't miss the talks" he explains.
- Smart UIs for Mobile and Embedded in JavaFX introduces a new JavaFX theme that is made for embedded devices and will fit perfect in all the cool new Internet of Things and mobile products.
- DataFX: From External Data to a UI Flow and Back shows how the different DataFX components make it easy to manage external data by using well-known Java technologies.
- Enterprise JavaFX, an overview of various best practices for communication between server and client, async background tasks, MVC approaches, and the designing of complex dialogue flows
- Extreme GUI Makeover. JavaFX 8, a new UI toolkit, offers a lot of amazing features to help you craft modern-looking and interactive UIs.
- The JavaFX Community and Ecosystem introduces the JavaFX ecosystem including third-party frameworks and popular knowledge base. It also illustrates the functionality and synergy effects between the libraries with a live coding session.
- Test-Driven Development with JavaFX
More about clients and user interface topics here
Tuesday Aug 26, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 26, 2014
Mid-step on yet another urban adventure - this time in San Francisco during JavaOne - Duke is spinning up his latest digital creation into the world around him, with Java on every screen and every device.
Tuesday Aug 19, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 19, 2014
Attend the premier Java conference to learn about Java technologies and network with professionals.
To be eligible, you must be taking a minimum of 6 units from a nonprofit institution of learning during the Fall 2014.
You'll have access to JavaOne and OpenWorld keynotes and Exhibition Halls. And, space permitting, you can attend all JavaOne sessions including HOLs (Hands-On Labs), conference sessions and BOF (Birds-of-a-Feather). This year, a lot of sessions are about parallel programming with Java 8, JVM languages, cloud and Internet of Things.
Don't miss this opportunity to attend for free. Register now!
- Announcing JavaOne Keynote Speakers
- JavaOne Call for Proposals Deadline Extension
- JavaOne Registration Now Open
- JavaOne 2015 Call for Proposals Open
- Join JavaOne in Brazil
- JavaOne Brazil Call for Papers Closes in One Week
- Annoucing JavaOne 2014 Rock Stars
- Save the Date: 2015 JavaOne Brazil
- All The 2014 JavaOne Sessions Are Now Live!
- JavaOne Sessions for You!