Sunday Sep 22, 2013
Friday Sep 21, 2012
By Janice J. Heiss on Sep 21, 2012
A new article, by noted freelancer Steve Meloan, now up on otn/java, titled “JavaOne 2012 Conference Preview,” looks ahead to the fast approaching JavaOne 2012 Conference, scheduled for September 30-October 4 in San Francisco. The Conference will celebrate and highlight one of the world’s leading technologies. As Meloan states, “With 9 million Java developers worldwide, 5 billion Java cards in use, 3 billion mobile phones running Java, 1 billion Java downloads each year, and 100 percent of Blu-ray disk players and 97 percent of enterprise desktops running Java, Java is a technology that literally permeates our world.”
The 2012 JavaOne is organized under seven technical tracks:
* Core Java Platform
* Development Tools and Techniques
* Emerging Languages on the JVM
* Enterprise Service Architectures and the Cloud
* Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
* Java ME, Java Card, Embedded, and Devices
* JavaFX and Rich User Experiences
Conference keynotes will lay out the Java roadmap. For the Sunday keynote, such Oracle luminaries as Cameron Purdy, Vice President of Development; Nandini Ramani, Vice President of Engineering, Java Client and Mobile Platforms; Richard Bair, Chief Architect, Client Java Platform; and Mark Reinhold, Chief Architect, Java Platform will be presenting.
For the Thursday IBM keynote, Jason McGee, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect for IBM PureApplication System, and John Duimovich, Java CTO and IBM Distinguished Engineer, will explore Java and IBM's cloud-based initiatives.
All in all, the JavaOne 2012 Conference should be as exciting as ever.
Link to the article here.
- Register for JavaOne 2014 Now!
- JavaOne 2014 Call for Papers Now Open!
- JavaOne 2013 Rock Stars
- JavaOne Sessions Are Now Online
- Congrats to the 2013 JavaOne Rock Stars!
- More JavaOne Sessions Online
- JavaOne 2013 Sessions Online
- Oracle’s Java Community Outreach Plan
- NightHacking with James Gosling
- JavaOne 2013 Opening Video