Thursday Feb 05, 2015
Monday Oct 27, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Oct 27, 2014
Friday Oct 17, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Oct 17, 2014
We need your feedback to keep improving JavaOne! Please log-in to Schedule Builder and take the JavaOne Conference Survey as well as completing surveys from the sessions that you attended. The surveys are accessed from the Welcome page in Schedule Builder if you have not taken them already. It will take you only a few minutes to complete and make an impact on your conference experience next year.
See you next year!
Friday Sep 12, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 12, 2014
In a Java Magazine article, senior Java architect Hendrik Ebbers talks about his JavaOne sessions and JavaOne. "There will be some very cool JavaFX, community, open source and Internet of Things talks this year. The talks are always very professional; I have never experienced a bad one. So don't miss the talks" he explains.
- Smart UIs for Mobile and Embedded in JavaFX introduces a new JavaFX theme that is made for embedded devices and will fit perfect in all the cool new Internet of Things and mobile products.
- DataFX: From External Data to a UI Flow and Back shows how the different DataFX components make it easy to manage external data by using well-known Java technologies.
- Enterprise JavaFX, an overview of various best practices for communication between server and client, async background tasks, MVC approaches, and the designing of complex dialogue flows
- Extreme GUI Makeover. JavaFX 8, a new UI toolkit, offers a lot of amazing features to help you craft modern-looking and interactive UIs.
- The JavaFX Community and Ecosystem introduces the JavaFX ecosystem including third-party frameworks and popular knowledge base. It also illustrates the functionality and synergy effects between the libraries with a live coding session.
- Test-Driven Development with JavaFX
More about clients and user interface topics here
Thursday Sep 11, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 11, 2014
Monday Sep 08, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 08, 2014
Tuesday Aug 19, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 19, 2014
Attend the premier Java conference to learn about Java technologies and network with professionals.
To be eligible, you must be taking a minimum of 6 units from a nonprofit institution of learning during the Fall 2014.
You'll have access to JavaOne and OpenWorld keynotes and Exhibition Halls. And, space permitting, you can attend all JavaOne sessions including HOLs (Hands-On Labs), conference sessions and BOF (Birds-of-a-Feather). This year, a lot of sessions are about parallel programming with Java 8, JVM languages, cloud and Internet of Things.
Don't miss this opportunity to attend for free. Register now!
Wednesday Aug 06, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 06, 2014
"We are always creating new IoT applications and encouraging others to improve them. Lhings is the networking tool that let us make it very easy. This time we wanted to make something we use in our everyday lives which is traditionally non-technical, as is a table, to be connected to the Internet and then provide new services that could be useful in some applications" explains José Pereda, who is part of the Lhings team. Based in Spain, the team won a JavaOne trip during IoT Developer Challenge.
"We wanted to show that IoT is useful in real scenarios and it's accessible to anyone. Likewise, we would like to encourage developers to reproduce and improve it!" further explains José. You will get a chance to meet them at JavaOne.
José is also presenting four talks at JavaOne
- JavaFX 3D: Advanced Application Development
- How to Build the Game 2048 with JavaFX and Java 8: Lessons Learned
- Debugging and Profiling Robots with James Gosling
- Create the Game 2048 with Java 8 and JavaFX
Thursday Jul 31, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 31, 2014
User group leaders from around the world meet once a year at JavaOne. Each year, they organize the Forum meeting the Sunday before JavaOne. Speakers and topics are vetted by community. Anyone attending JavaOne whether they belong to a user group or not are invited to those sessions. Make sure you arrive on time for the Forum on Sunday. It starts at 8:00am at Moscone West. Among the topics this year are NetBeans community and tools, Java EE and Glassfish update, lightning talks about productivity, Java tools for Maven and Java EE, free Java tools and how to teach Java. And you don't want to miss James Gosling. He will present his latest work on the Raspberry Pi, Robots and Small Devices. If you have not registered already.
- Gosling is admiral of a fleet of robotic marine drones
- What’s Inside Oracle Cloud for You
- A New Way to Program in Java EE 8
- 3D Printing with a Java Rockstar
- Robots Look for Human Companions at JavaOne
- New Java Releases Will Tackle Developer Pain Points
- Help Build the Future at the JavaOne Hackergarten
- Bay Area Duchess Dinner at JavaOne
- Vote on the sessions at JavaOne
- Ignite at JavaOne