Thursday May 09, 2013
Thursday Apr 18, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 18, 2013
Register by May 3, 2013 and save US$600 off onsite price
Attending JavaOne helps you:
- Develop and refine critical skills
- Earn a deeper technical understanding of Java technology
- Get a sneak peek at where the technology is headed
- Meet with experts
Submit a call for proposals is now open! Submit your paper by April 12th
Wednesday Apr 17, 2013
By Tori Wieldt on Apr 17, 2013
Originally written by Terrence Barr on his blog
Have you been working on a cool application, solved a tricky embedded problem, or helped deliver an industrial-grade solution using Java?
There is a lot of great stuff happening in the embedded Java space. The world wants to hear about it.
Submit your proposal to JavaOne 2013 in San Francisco and present your work to thousands of like-minded Java developers!
The Call for Papers has been extended by a week, to April 23rd (watch the web pages for updates).
Get extra credit from me for using Java ME Embedded on Raspberry Pi. Check it out and do something fun and inspiring with it.
Tuesday Apr 16, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 16, 2013
By Tori Wieldt on Apr 16, 2013
Win Free Student Passes!
Oracle Academy students in India can win a free student pass to JavaOne India!
Drawing Open: April 12 - May 2, 2013
Winners Announced: May 3, 2013
- Oracle Academy students that reside in India may enter to win a free student pass to JavaOne India.
- 50 student passes are available.
- Students must submit an online entry form (available on the Academy Event Pass Drawings webpage).
- Drawing opened: April 12th
- Drawing closes: May 2nd
- Winners announced: May 3rd
Check out the Oracle Academy homepage.
Monday Apr 15, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 15, 2013
Client and Embedded Development with JavaFX
Core Java Platform
Edge Computing with Java in Embedded, Smart Card, and IoT Applications
Emerging Languages on the Java Virtual Machine
Java Development Tools and Techniques
Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
Java Web Services and the Cloud
Friday Apr 12, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 12, 2013
The JavaOne Call for Proposals is opened until April 23rd. Developers have a few extra days to get in those last minute submissions.
Stephen Chin suggested the following talk ideas on his blog:
- Java + Devices – With the Early Access of Java 8 for ARM, you can do a lot of cool stuff on tiny little devices. Anyone for hacking Java onto a robot, quadcopter, or refrigerator? [well, maybe that last one wasn't so tiny...]
- Java 8/9 Hacking – While the Java 8 and 9 releases are still forthcoming, you can already play with the bits via theEarly Access lambda releases and OpenJDK Jigsaw builds. Why not get ahead of the curve and show us what Java development will be like 5 years from now!
- 353-356-352-236-343 – What do these numbers have in common? Yes, you guessed it correctly, these are some of the many JSR specs that make up the new Java EE 7 release. There is a lot of ground to cover here, so share some of your JSON/WebSocket/Batch Kung-fu with your peers. :)
- Duke in 3 Dimensions – The new JavaFX 3D support opens up some pretty cool possibilities that were only fathomable in fancy JavaOne keynotes. Now the rest of us can play with real 3D APIs via the JavaFX 8 Early Access and create some compelling demos and presentations for JavaOne.
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 12, 2013
Tuesday Apr 09, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 09, 2013
May 8th and 9th, 2013
Hyderabad International Convention Center
Register Now and Save
Save INR 1,400 Off the Onsite Price when you register by May 7
Change is constant and Java is a remarkably dynamic platform. This comes through clearly in the JavaOne India sessions. Attend to get practical advice you can use now and inside information you can build on for the future. Key speakers include:
- Sivasubramaniam Arunachalam, Senior Developer, NetApp India Pvt. Ltd.View the Content Catalog for a complete listing of all the sessions.
WebSockets in Java EE 7
- Sunny Chan, Executive Director, Goldman Sachs
Every Last Nanosecond: Tuning the JVM for Extreme Low Latency
- Abdul H Hyath, Technical Architect, GEORGIA TECHNOLOGY AUTHORITY
NFC Programming Using Java ME
- Lakshmi Narasimhan, Technical Lead, IBM India Pvt Ltd.
OpenJDK Penrose Project
- Harshad Oak, Founder, IndicThreads
Java PaaS and Oracle Java Cloud Service
- John Ferguson Smart, CEO, Wakaleo Consulting
Behavior-Driven Development on the JVM: A State-of-the-Union Session
Attendee toolkit now available! It includes register now banners, and buttons to promote attendance, that people are speaking, etc. Also includes sample email subject lines and email content, JavaOne logo, etc.
Monday Apr 08, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 08, 2013
- JavaOne 2014 Call for Papers Now Open!
- JavaOne 2013 Rock Stars
- JavaOne Sessions Are Now Online
- Congrats to the 2013 JavaOne Rock Stars!
- More JavaOne Sessions Online
- JavaOne 2013 Sessions Online
- Oracle’s Java Community Outreach Plan
- NightHacking with James Gosling
- JavaOne 2013 Opening Video
- A JavaOne Success Story: The Java Embedded Challenge