Tuesday Sep 23, 2014
Monday Sep 22, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 22, 2014
Friday Sep 19, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 19, 2014
In Strategy keynote, you will learn how to create the future with Java from leading Oracle experts in the Java development organization. They will showcase how Java is driving developer innovation, revolutionizing application development, and improving application services for IoT, enterprise architectures, and cloud computing.
In the Technical keynote, the architects of Java 8 will give you their insights into this revolutionary release, and start to reveal what is coming in Java 9, Java 10, and beyond.
Thursday Sep 18, 2014
Wednesday Sep 17, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 17, 2014
Q: What are you looking forward to this year at JavaOne?
Weaver: Near and dear to my heart is the Community keynote that I am leading this year. It has just been amazing to talk to community members and learn about their projects using Java, Java 8, and IoT. During the Community keynote, we will showcase those amazing people and projects from the community.[Read More]
Tuesday Sep 16, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 16, 2014
“Being able to debug and profile robots out at sea is a truly life-altering experience,” Gosling explains. He uses a set of tools—consisting of editors, debuggers, and profilers—that are part of the NetBeans IDE. At the JavaOne 2014 NetBeans Community Day, he will present the session “James Gosling, Robots, the Raspberry Pi, and Small Devices” [UGF8907] on Sunday, September 28. He will also present “Debugging and Profiling Robots with James Gosling” [CON6699] on Wednesday, October 1. Geertjan Wielenga, Mark Heckler, José Pereda, Johannes Weigend, Shai Almog and Jens Deters will join him to discuss those two topics.
Join him as he closes out the JavaOne Community Keynote with a fun, historical perspective of the genesis of Java, and a T-shirt toss! The Community Keynote will be held in the Marriott Marquis, Salon 7/8/9, on Thursday, October 2, 2014
Friday Sep 12, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 12, 2014
In a Java Magazine article, senior Java architect Hendrik Ebbers talks about his JavaOne sessions and JavaOne. "There will be some very cool JavaFX, community, open source and Internet of Things talks this year. The talks are always very professional; I have never experienced a bad one. So don't miss the talks" he explains.
- Smart UIs for Mobile and Embedded in JavaFX introduces a new JavaFX theme that is made for embedded devices and will fit perfect in all the cool new Internet of Things and mobile products.
- DataFX: From External Data to a UI Flow and Back shows how the different DataFX components make it easy to manage external data by using well-known Java technologies.
- Enterprise JavaFX, an overview of various best practices for communication between server and client, async background tasks, MVC approaches, and the designing of complex dialogue flows
- Extreme GUI Makeover. JavaFX 8, a new UI toolkit, offers a lot of amazing features to help you craft modern-looking and interactive UIs.
- The JavaFX Community and Ecosystem introduces the JavaFX ecosystem including third-party frameworks and popular knowledge base. It also illustrates the functionality and synergy effects between the libraries with a live coding session.
- Test-Driven Development with JavaFX
More about clients and user interface topics here
Thursday Sep 11, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 11, 2014
Wednesday Sep 10, 2014
By Caroline Kvitka-Oracle on Sep 10, 2014
“Many of today’s vehicles already have ‘crash-imminent braking’ and other features,” says Perrone. “But up until now, the IIHS hasn’t really had a way to test how well these technologies work in real-world situations with cars traveling at highway speeds.”
Read the full oracle.com story, "Java Takes the Wheel."
- JavaOne 2015 Call for Proposals Open
- Join JavaOne in Brazil
- JavaOne Brazil Call for Papers Closes in One Week
- Annoucing JavaOne 2014 Rock Stars
- Save the Date: 2015 JavaOne Brazil
- All The 2014 JavaOne Sessions Are Now Live!
- JavaOne Sessions for You!
- Impact JavaOne 2015!
- Interactive Java Tech Content Delivered to Your Desk
- Get Your NAO Robot... Now!