Wednesday Sep 18, 2013
Tuesday Sep 17, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Sep 17, 2013
- A jacket! It can be chilly and maybe even rain.
- Your Oracle login. Be sure to bring your oracle.com account login information when you walk through the doors of Moscone South, Moscone West, or the Hilton San Francisco Union Square. You’ll need the user name and password you created for your JavaOne 2013 registration to check in and receive your badge, as well as to gain access to My Account and Schedule Builder at the event.
- Consider downloading a ride-sharing service app. SideCar, Lyft, and Uber are popular alternative to yellow taxis. These are unregulated ride-sharing services, so ride at your own risk.
- Keynotes are on Sunday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm at Moscone North, Hall D
- Fun networking events: Taylor Street Café Open House, The Oracle Appreciation Event, It’s a Wrap!
- On your break, hang out at the Buzz House at Taylor Street Café, and relax at Game Zone in Parc 55. Check out the list of activities at the Zone.
- In the exhibit hall, the Java DEMOgrounds, OTN lounge, exhibitor stands will be open from 9:30am to 5:00pm. New this year at the OTN lounge is the JavaOne Codegarten where you can contribute to open source projects.
Don't miss DJ Tall Sasha at the Open House at Taylor Street Café, Sunday at 7pm!
Monday Sep 16, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Sep 16, 2013
Java continues to drive applications and devices that enrich our lives. Oracle’s Java engineering experts will discuss many of the vast opportunities that Java provides, along with Oracle’s continued commitment to and investment in Java technology. The Oracle speakers at the Strategy Keynote are:
John Duimovich, Java CTO and IBM Distinguished Engineer at IBM will be presenting the keynote titled “Java Flies in Blue Skies and Open Clouds.” Open cloud stacks, emerging PaaS environments, and cloud ecosystems are among the Java innovations IBM’s John Duimovich and a special guest will discuss.
Senior Vice President and General Manager, Microcontrollers, Freescale Semiconductor will present the keynote titled “How Java Will Unify the Internet of Things.” The Internet of Things relies on microcontrollers, communications topologies, and sensors and actuators to enable data-driven automation. Learn why Java technology is the glue needed to connect all of these devices and topologies for service providers.
Wednesday Sep 11, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Sep 11, 2013
Oracle, Eurotech, Hitachi Communication Technologies America and Hitachi Consulting Collaborate to Present a Live, Conference Attendee People Counter Solution
A joint initiative between Oracle, Eurotech, Hitachi Communication Technologies America (Hitachi CTA) and Hitachi Consulting has led to the creation of a new demonstration of the Internet of Things (IoT) concept: “IoT in Motion – Driving Business Value from Edge Device to Application”. The people counter solution is based on a unique blend of cutting-edge Eurotech hardware, Hitachi SuperJ® Applications Ecosystem, Oracle Java SE Embedded, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Business Intelligence products and will be showcased at the JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2013 conferences, running September 22-26.[Read More]
Tuesday Sep 10, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Sep 10, 2013
Developer Advocate James Ward at Typesafe talked about his sessions titled Play Framework Versus Grails Smackdown. "We take a bunch of measurements like lines of code, performance and other things to compare Play and Grails" explains James. He will also present a session called Web Fundamentals. "I realized that Java developers (me included) have not touched the underlying http stuff."
By Yolande Poirier on Sep 10, 2013
Friday Aug 23, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Aug 23, 2013
Friday Jul 19, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Jul 19, 2013
Thursday Apr 18, 2013
By Yolande Poirier on Apr 18, 2013
Register by May 3, 2013 and save US$600 off onsite price
Attending JavaOne helps you:
- Develop and refine critical skills
- Earn a deeper technical understanding of Java technology
- Get a sneak peek at where the technology is headed
- Meet with experts
Submit a call for proposals is now open! Submit your paper by April 12th
- Talk to Your Manager about JavaOne!
- Come and Get the Attendee Toolkit!
- Announcing the IoT Developer Challenge Winners!
- Meet Arun Gupta, Speaker at JavaOne 2014!
- Submit Nominations for Duke's Choice Awards
- JavaOne 2014 Content Catalog Live!
- Save on Registration through July 18
- Win a Trip to JavaOne
- Register for JavaOne 2014 Now!
- JavaOne 2014 Call for Papers Now Open!