Friday Apr 12, 2013
Tuesday Apr 09, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 09, 2013
May 8th and 9th, 2013
Hyderabad International Convention Center
Register Now and Save
Save INR 1,400 Off the Onsite Price when you register by May 7
Change is constant and Java is a remarkably dynamic platform. This comes through clearly in the JavaOne India sessions. Attend to get practical advice you can use now and inside information you can build on for the future. Key speakers include:
- Sivasubramaniam Arunachalam, Senior Developer, NetApp India Pvt. Ltd.View the Content Catalog for a complete listing of all the sessions.
WebSockets in Java EE 7
- Sunny Chan, Executive Director, Goldman Sachs
Every Last Nanosecond: Tuning the JVM for Extreme Low Latency
- Abdul H Hyath, Technical Architect, GEORGIA TECHNOLOGY AUTHORITY
NFC Programming Using Java ME
- Lakshmi Narasimhan, Technical Lead, IBM India Pvt Ltd.
OpenJDK Penrose Project
- Harshad Oak, Founder, IndicThreads
Java PaaS and Oracle Java Cloud Service
- John Ferguson Smart, CEO, Wakaleo Consulting
Behavior-Driven Development on the JVM: A State-of-the-Union Session
Attendee toolkit now available! It includes register now banners, and buttons to promote attendance, that people are speaking, etc. Also includes sample email subject lines and email content, JavaOne logo, etc.
Monday Apr 08, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 08, 2013
Thursday Oct 04, 2012
Friday Sep 21, 2012
By Janice J. Heiss on Sep 21, 2012
A new article, by noted freelancer Steve Meloan, now up on otn/java, titled “JavaOne 2012 Conference Preview,” looks ahead to the fast approaching JavaOne 2012 Conference, scheduled for September 30-October 4 in San Francisco. The Conference will celebrate and highlight one of the world’s leading technologies. As Meloan states, “With 9 million Java developers worldwide, 5 billion Java cards in use, 3 billion mobile phones running Java, 1 billion Java downloads each year, and 100 percent of Blu-ray disk players and 97 percent of enterprise desktops running Java, Java is a technology that literally permeates our world.”
The 2012 JavaOne is organized under seven technical tracks:
* Core Java Platform
* Development Tools and Techniques
* Emerging Languages on the JVM
* Enterprise Service Architectures and the Cloud
* Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
* Java ME, Java Card, Embedded, and Devices
* JavaFX and Rich User Experiences
Conference keynotes will lay out the Java roadmap. For the Sunday keynote, such Oracle luminaries as Cameron Purdy, Vice President of Development; Nandini Ramani, Vice President of Engineering, Java Client and Mobile Platforms; Richard Bair, Chief Architect, Client Java Platform; and Mark Reinhold, Chief Architect, Java Platform will be presenting.
For the Thursday IBM keynote, Jason McGee, Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect for IBM PureApplication System, and John Duimovich, Java CTO and IBM Distinguished Engineer, will explore Java and IBM's cloud-based initiatives.
All in all, the JavaOne 2012 Conference should be as exciting as ever.
Link to the article here.
Thursday May 12, 2011
By CassandraClark -Oracle on May 12, 2011
- Write an abstract that is easy to read and describes the value of the presentation. Do explicitly mention what is being discussed during the session rather than making a blank marketing or strategy pitch. For example, include mention of demonstration, case study, customer/partner participation, quantitative facts, etc.
- Submissions should be:
- Java-related topics (not technologies such as Flex, .NET, Objective C, etc... unless it's specifically a topic about how such things INTEGRATE with Java)
- Non-product pitches (JavaOne is a technology conference!)
- Interesting/innovative uses of Java (be creative!)
- Practical relevant case studies/examples/practices/etc. (showcase your skills!)
- Presentations should offer a unique solution
- JavaOne Brazil Call for Papers Closes in One Week
- Annoucing JavaOne 2014 Rock Stars
- Save the Date: 2015 JavaOne Brazil
- All The 2014 JavaOne Sessions Are Now Live!
- JavaOne Sessions for You!
- Impact JavaOne 2015!
- Interactive Java Tech Content Delivered to Your Desk
- Get Your NAO Robot... Now!
- Lambda Q&A Panel
- Final Keynotes Reflect Back, Move Forward