Thursday Feb 05, 2015
Friday Oct 17, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Oct 17, 2014
We need your feedback to keep improving JavaOne! Please log-in to Schedule Builder and take the JavaOne Conference Survey as well as completing surveys from the sessions that you attended. The surveys are accessed from the Welcome page in Schedule Builder if you have not taken them already. It will take you only a few minutes to complete and make an impact on your conference experience next year.
See you next year!
Tuesday Aug 19, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 19, 2014
Attend the premier Java conference to learn about Java technologies and network with professionals.
To be eligible, you must be taking a minimum of 6 units from a nonprofit institution of learning during the Fall 2014.
You'll have access to JavaOne and OpenWorld keynotes and Exhibition Halls. And, space permitting, you can attend all JavaOne sessions including HOLs (Hands-On Labs), conference sessions and BOF (Birds-of-a-Feather). This year, a lot of sessions are about parallel programming with Java 8, JVM languages, cloud and Internet of Things.
Don't miss this opportunity to attend for free. Register now!
Wednesday May 21, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 21, 2014
Join us at JavaOne 2014! the largest technology conference that brings developers, luminaries, and experts together for a week of education, networking, community, and fun. Register today and save US$400 off the onsite admission price. You pay only US$1,650! This early bird registration is good only through July 18, 2014, don’t miss the opportunity to save! Register Now!
Wednesday Oct 23, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Oct 23, 2013
As the steward of Java, Oracle recognizes the importance and value of the Java community, and the relevant role it plays in keeping Java the largest, most vibrant developer community in the world.
In order to increase Oracle’s touch with Java developers worldwide, we are shifting our focus from a flagship JavaOne event followed by several regional JavaOne conferences, to a new outreach model which continues with the JavaOne flagship event, as well as a mix of online content, regional Java Tours, and regional 3rd party event participation.
- JavaOne continues to remain the premier hub for Java developers where you are given the opportunity to improve your Java technical skills, and interact with other members of the Java community. JavaOne is centered on open collaboration and sharing, and Oracle will continue to invest in JavaOne as a unique stand-alone event for the Java community.
- Oracle recognizes that many developers cannot attend JavaOne in person, therefore Oracle will share the wealth of the unique event material to those developers through a new and easy-to-access online Java program. While online JavaOne content cannot address the importance of actual face-to-face community/developer engagements and networking, online content does aide in extending the Java technical learning opportunity to a broader collection of developers.
- Oracle will execute regional Java Developer Days with recognized Java User Groups (JUGs) with participation from Java Evangelist and Java Champions. This allows local, regional specific Java topics to be addressed both by Oracle and the Java community.
- In addition, Oracle will deliver more virtual technical content programs to reach developers where an existing JUG may not have a presence.
- Oracle also recognizes that improved community dialog and relations are achievable by continued Oracle sponsorship and onsite participation at both established/well-recognized 3rd party events and new emerging/growing 3rd party events.
Oracle’s ultimate goal is to be an even better steward for Java by reaching more of the Java ecosystem with face-to-face and online community engagements. We look forward to planning tours and events with you, members of the Java community.
Sunday Sep 22, 2013
Thursday Apr 18, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 18, 2013
Register by May 3, 2013 and save US$600 off onsite price
Attending JavaOne helps you:
- Develop and refine critical skills
- Earn a deeper technical understanding of Java technology
- Get a sneak peek at where the technology is headed
- Meet with experts
Submit a call for proposals is now open! Submit your paper by April 12th
Tuesday Apr 16, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 16, 2013
Monday Apr 15, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 15, 2013
Client and Embedded Development with JavaFX
Core Java Platform
Edge Computing with Java in Embedded, Smart Card, and IoT Applications
Emerging Languages on the Java Virtual Machine
Java Development Tools and Techniques
Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
Java Web Services and the Cloud
Friday Apr 12, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 12, 2013
The JavaOne Call for Proposals is opened until April 23rd. Developers have a few extra days to get in those last minute submissions.
Stephen Chin suggested the following talk ideas on his blog:
- Java + Devices – With the Early Access of Java 8 for ARM, you can do a lot of cool stuff on tiny little devices. Anyone for hacking Java onto a robot, quadcopter, or refrigerator? [well, maybe that last one wasn't so tiny...]
- Java 8/9 Hacking – While the Java 8 and 9 releases are still forthcoming, you can already play with the bits via theEarly Access lambda releases and OpenJDK Jigsaw builds. Why not get ahead of the curve and show us what Java development will be like 5 years from now!
- 353-356-352-236-343 – What do these numbers have in common? Yes, you guessed it correctly, these are some of the many JSR specs that make up the new Java EE 7 release. There is a lot of ground to cover here, so share some of your JSON/WebSocket/Batch Kung-fu with your peers. :)
- Duke in 3 Dimensions – The new JavaFX 3D support opens up some pretty cool possibilities that were only fathomable in fancy JavaOne keynotes. Now the rest of us can play with real 3D APIs via the JavaFX 8 Early Access and create some compelling demos and presentations for JavaOne.
- JavaOne Brazil Call for Papers Closes in One Week
- Annoucing JavaOne 2014 Rock Stars
- Save the Date: 2015 JavaOne Brazil
- All The 2014 JavaOne Sessions Are Now Live!
- JavaOne Sessions for You!
- Impact JavaOne 2015!
- Interactive Java Tech Content Delivered to Your Desk
- Get Your NAO Robot... Now!
- Lambda Q&A Panel
- Final Keynotes Reflect Back, Move Forward