Wednesday Sep 24, 2014
Monday Sep 15, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Sep 15, 2014
Simon Ritter, an Oracle Java Technology Evangelist who is renowned for his entertaining and informative JavaOne sessions, has been in the IT business since 1984 and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from Brunel University in the U.K.
Originally working in the area of UNIX development for AT&T UNIX System Labs and then Novell, Simon moved to Sun Microsystems in 1996 where he started working with Java technology both in technology development and consultancy. At Oracle, he now focuses on the core Java platform and Java for client applications. He also continues to develop demonstrations that push the boundaries of Java for applications like gestural interfaces.
Monday Jun 30, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jun 30, 2014
Oracle Technology Network and Oracle Academy are proud to announce the winners of the IoT Developer Challenge.
Social media meets robotics. Domotics meets office design and horticulture. PINs meet voice recognition. Voting gets RFiDed. All of them making the Internet of Things come true. And, of course, built with the Java platform at the center of Things.
- Smart Greenhouse Project, a full-featured, automated greenhouse to grow indoor plants, developed by Dzmitry Yasevich, Pavel Vervenko, and Vladimir Redzhepov from Belarus
- Bot-So, a smart social robot interacting with you via Twitter, developed by Debraj Dutta, Tapas Bose, and Avinaba Majumder from India
- Lhings Connected Table, an innovative design for shared office space, developed by David Peñuela, Jose Pereda and Jose Antonio Lorenzo from Spain
- ePot Smart Gardening, a new concept of indoor gardening, developed by Mohamed Khalil Zendah, Mohamed El Mahdi, Bouzaiane, and Mahdi Attia from Tunisia
- Voice Access, a voice recognition system for authentication, developed by Viatcheslav Shkurichev, Maria Chernichenko, and Sergey Chernackij from Russia
- JCon Rates, a conference voting system, developed by Aboullaite Mohammed, Abdessamad Amzerin, and Nisrine Jafri from Morocco
Thanks to all of you for participating and supporting the Challenge!