By Janice J. Heiss on Sep 24, 2013
Oracle, Eurotech, Hitachi Communication Technologies America and Hitachi Consulting Collaborate to Present a Live, Conference Attendee People Counter Solution
A joint initiative between Oracle, Eurotech, Hitachi Communication Technologies America (Hitachi CTA) and Hitachi Consulting has led to the creation of a new demonstration of the Internet of Things (IoT) concept: “IoT in Motion – Driving Business Value from Edge Device to Application”. The people counter solution is based on a unique blend of cutting-edge Eurotech hardware, Hitachi SuperJ® Applications Ecosystem, Oracle Java SE Embedded, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Business Intelligence products and will be showcased at the JavaOne and Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2013 conferences, running September 22-26.[Read More]
The JavaOne Call for Proposals is opened until April 23rd. Developers have a few extra days to get in those last minute submissions.
Stephen Chin suggested the following talk ideas on his blog:
- Sivasubramaniam Arunachalam, Senior Developer, NetApp India Pvt. Ltd.View the Content Catalog for a complete listing of all the sessions.
WebSockets in Java EE 7
- Sunny Chan, Executive Director, Goldman Sachs
Every Last Nanosecond: Tuning the JVM for Extreme Low Latency
- Abdul H Hyath, Technical Architect, GEORGIA TECHNOLOGY AUTHORITY
NFC Programming Using Java ME
- Lakshmi Narasimhan, Technical Lead, IBM India Pvt Ltd.
OpenJDK Penrose Project
- Harshad Oak, Founder, IndicThreads
Java PaaS and Oracle Java Cloud Service
- John Ferguson Smart, CEO, Wakaleo Consulting
Behavior-Driven Development on the JVM: A State-of-the-Union Session