A JavaOne 2011 Mobile and Embedded Show Guide
By Janice J. Heiss on Sep 23, 2011
Terrence Barr, Oracle’s Java Mobile & Embedded Community Ambassador, has published his annual two-part JavaOne Mobile & Embedded Show Guide, which I highly recommend.
Mobile and embedded developers might check out Part One for a general review of the conference and Part Two to get a better grasp of specific sessions.
Terrence is the author and speaker at these two sessions:
* Getting Started with Embedded Java: Sense, Control, Store, Connect (24605) (Mon, 5:00 pm, HOL)
Here you’ll get to build a simple but complete embedded Java solution called EnviroTracker.
* Top 10 Free Tools and Libraries for Building Better Java ME Applications (24860) (Tue, 4:30 pm, BOF) You’ll learn about free tools and libraries that help you build Java ME apps better and faster and maybe add some new ones yourself.
In addition, here’s a list of recommended mobile and embedded sessions:
* Getting the Most Out of the Series 40 Java Platform (24326)
* Develop Mobile Apps with Java and Oracle ADF Mobile Client for iOS, Android, and More (25089)
* Rapid Java ME Development with the Open Source Tantalum Java ME Library (24440)
* Small Screens Playing a Big Boys’ Game: A Playbook for Java ME in Emerging Markets (24101)
* CLDC Mobile Platform Evolution (23223)
* Open Discussion on Emerging Markets (22721)
* Oracle Java Wireless Client: A Java ME Optimized Stack for Low-End Platforms (22741)
* WAC Widgets: New Direction for Java ME Phones (23361) Where Do the Killer Java Applications Preloaded on Your Phone Come From? (24310)
* Why Operators and Manufacturers Are Passionate About Application Quality (25021)
Embedded and Consumer
* ARM: Over 6 Billion Served—”Want That Java Superoptimized? (24242)
* Use Your Body to Interact with the JVM: Or How to Use Kinect on the JVM (22040)
* Embedding Java VM in Smart Devices (25061)
* Java Powering Smart Grid Devices (24355)
* Building a Home Security System with Java (25172)
* Get Physical! An Arduino Introduction for Java Developers (25281)
* Java and OSGi Enable Many Applications on Many End Devices (25802)
* Oracle Java Micro Edition Embedded Client (25063)
* An Embedded Service Platform for Uninterruptible Processing (24567)
* DVB GEM: Java TV Goes Over the Top—Hybrid and 3-D (23364) Ginga, Lightweight User Interface Toolkit, Java DTV, and You 2.0 (26280)
* Java Card Platform: Embracing M2M and Other New Markets (23453)
* Java-Powered Home Gateway: Basis of the Next-Generation Smart Home (24328)
* Service-Oriented Architecture with Java SE for Embedded Devices: A Smart Meter Use Case (24925)
* Telemetry and Synchronization with Embedded Java and Berkeley DB (25143)
Again, for more help in navigating through this session-rich JavaOne, check out Terrence's Guide. So many places to go, so many people to see! Enjoy!