Wednesday Jul 31, 2013
Sunday Jul 21, 2013
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Jul 21, 2013
Now a tradition around the world, the Geek Bike Ride also preceded JavaOne. In matching bike jerseys, over 50 riders enjoyed a ride near the HuangPu river. In deference to the 90+ heat and high humidity, the group stopped for refreshments halfway through the ride. It was a great fun and camaraderie. Thanks to InfoQ for sponsoring the ride! View more photos.
On Monday, the APAC User Group Leaders' Meeting was held. Oracle ACE Director Rich Niemiec presented and explained why Big Data is so important in the world of IT. ""We are growing in data, but thirsting for information," he explained. Java Evangelists provided overviews of the latest developments in Java, including the JDK8 Early Access. Stephen Chin gave a great demo of Lambda functionality and how a developer would use it for JavaFX (the demo included a sprite named Mary and she was followed out of the barn by several lambs). The group also discussed user group best practices, and had an interesting round of 4-minute talks.
Friday Jul 19, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 19, 2013
Thursday Jul 18, 2013
Monday Jul 15, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 15, 2013
- Celebrate 20 Years of Java with Pictures
- 20 Years of Java: Developer Interviews Preview
- JavaOne Track Highlights: Java Clients and User Interfaces
- Interview about NetBeans
- Take Advantage of the Discover Pass at JavaOne
- JavaOne Track Highlights: Java and Server-Side Development
- Interview with Track Co-Lead Simon Maple
- JavaOne4Kids: Robots, Minecraft, and Coding
- JavaOne Track Highlights: Java and the Internet of Things
- Duke’s Choice Award Nominations Now Open!