Saturday Sep 29, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Sep 29, 2012
Dr. Robert Ballard, famed explorer who found the Titanic at its final resting place, will be at the Java Strategy Keynote on Sunday. Among the most accomplished and well known of the world's deep-sea explorers, Dr. Ballard is best known for his historic discoveries of hydrothermal vents, the sunken R.M.S. Titanic, the German battleship Bismarck, and numerous other contemporary and ancient shipwrecks around the world. During his long career he has conducted more than 120 deep-sea expeditions using the latest in exploration technology, and he is a pioneer in the early use of deep-diving submarines. You can learn more about Dr. Ballard and undersea exploration at National Geographic and TED.
The first 1,000 people to arrive at the JavaOne Keynote hall on Sunday will receive a copy of Dr. Ballard's TV show "The Alien Deep" on Blu-Ray. The Alien Deep explores the sea, thousands of feet beneath the surface, far from the first crack of light, where the planet’s last and greatest secrets hide in the cold darkness of endless night. Viewers get to see underwater worlds via submersible where no one has gone before.
The JavaOne Strategy Keynote is on Sunday at 4:00pm PT at Masonic Auditorium, 1111 California Street. See you there!
- Gosling is admiral of a fleet of robotic marine drones
- What’s Inside Oracle Cloud for You
- A New Way to Program in Java EE 8
- 3D Printing with a Java Rockstar
- Robots Look for Human Companions at JavaOne
- New Java Releases Will Tackle Developer Pain Points
- Help Build the Future at the JavaOne Hackergarten
- Bay Area Duchess Dinner at JavaOne
- Vote on the sessions at JavaOne
- Ignite at JavaOne