Monday Feb 25, 2013
Friday Feb 22, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 22, 2013
The Java community wants to hear from you. Share your ideas and expertise by submitting a paper for the following conference tracks:
- Core Java Platform
- JavaFX and Rich User Experiences
- Java EE, Web Services, and the Cloud
- Java ME, Java Embedded, and Java Card
- Java Embedded for Business
Monday Nov 12, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Nov 12, 2012
For all you attendees, reporters, bloggers, user group leaders, speakers, technology thought leaders, influencers, and social media mavens, here are some tools to help you generate awareness, enthusiasm, and participation for JavaOne Latin America. Here are buttons use in your blogs and on websites. You can find more information, the Java logo, and more on the JavaOne Latin America Toolkit page.
Please use this URL on all JavaOne Latin America items:
Register Now Banners
Wednesday Oct 17, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Oct 17, 2012
If you weren't able to attend JavaOne 2012 in San Francisco, one of the high points was the Community Keynote on the last day. It was by the community and for the community. It included a visit from James Goling, demos, and community members describing what they've been up to. Here's how you can watch highlights.[Read More]
Sunday Sep 23, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Sep 23, 2012
Nokia has long been a key partner for Java Mobile, and they continue investing significantly in Java technologies. Developers can learn more about Nokia's popular Asha phone and developer platform at JavaOne. In addition to interesting technical material, all Nokia sessions will include giveaways (hint: be engaged and ask questions!). Don't miss these great sessions:
CON4925 The Right Platform with the Right Technology for Huge Markets with Many Opportunities
CON11253 In-App Purchasing for Java ME Apps
BOF4747 Look Again: Java ME's New Horizons of User Experience, Service Model, and Internet Innovation
BOF12804 Reach the Next Billion with Engaging Apps: Nokia Asha Full Touch for Java ME Developers
CON6664 on Mobile Java, Asha, Full Touch, Maps APIs, LWUIT, new UI, new APIs and more
CON6494 Extreme Mobile Java Performance Tuning, User Experience, and Architecture
BOF6556 Mobile Java App Innovation in Nigeria
Monday Sep 10, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Sep 10, 2012
Java Embedded @ JavaOne
provides business decision makers,
technical leaders, and ecosystem partners information about Java Embedded technologies and new business opportunities. From the enterprise business world to the consumer arena, smart meters,
automated buildings, and context-aware medical devices can provide information that drive value for businesses and consumers. Java Embedded @ JavaOne will held
Wednesday, Oct. 3th and Thursday, Oct. 4th in San Francisco at the Hotel
Nikko (during JavaOne).
If you have already registered, you can use the Java Embedded @ JavaOne Toolkit to let people know you are attending, to enhance your blog, and to generate awareness, enthusiasm, and participation. There are banners and buttons,
a list of High-Level Benefits of Attending Java Embbeded @ JavaOne, Sample E-Mail Copy, and more.
There is also a Toolkit for Partners, Sponsors and Exhibitors. Check out the Java Embbed @ JavaOne Toolkits!
Tuesday Aug 28, 2012
Monday Aug 20, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Aug 20, 2012
- What Users Really Want from M2M Solutions: Findings of Worldwide M2M User Survey (Robin Duke-Woolley - BEECHAM RESEARCH)
- ARM: Enhance the capabilities of devices with low power ARM Cortex-M and SecurCore (Andrew Frame - ARM)
- Benefits of Java M2M Modules to the Ecosystem (Andreas Haegele - CINTERION) (Axel Hansmann - CINTERION)
- HEALTH CARE PANEL Standardized Embedded mHealth - The Power of Java and the Continua Ecosystem (Alexis Roos - Oracle) - MODERATOR (Adam Odessky -Orange) (Jerry Wang - A&D Medical) (Manfred Kube - Cinterion) (Richard Cockle - GSMA)
- The Coming M2M Revolution: Critical Issues for End-to-End Software and Systems (Paul Pishal - HITACHI) (Peter Westafer - HITACHI)
- Bring Your Device to the Cloud: Why mobile networks are different (Stefan Vaillant - Nokia Siemens Networks)
- Leveraging a Java IoT architecture to be successful in rapidly growing markets (Albert Dercksen - NEDAP) (Ruben Wegman - NEDAP)
- Smart Grid Controller Powered by Java (Fumitoshi Keino - TOKO) (Mitsuru Sasanuma - TOKO)
- M2M : Tackling THE Next Data Deluge (Parthesh Shastri - SEECONTROL) (Bryan Kester - SEECONTROL)
- INDUSTRIAL CONTROL/MANUFACTURING PANEL Emerging Technologies in Manufacturing and Industrial Automation (Ranbir Mazumdar - ORACLE) - MODERATOR (Tim Biernet - ROCKWELL AUTOMATION) (Athulan Vijayaraghavan - SYSTEM INSIGHTS) (Paul Perrone - PERRONE ROBOTICS)
- An Embedded Service Platform for Uninterruptible Processing (Tim Biernat - ROCKWELL AUTOMATION) (Paul Schmirler - ROCKWELL AUTOMATION)
- Overview of an Embedded Platform for Manufacturing Big Data (Athulan Vijayaraghavan - SYSTEM INSIGHTS)
- Leveraging Java to enable a velocity of new monetizable services (Andrew Tauhert - PRODEA) (Amir Ansari - PRODEA)
- How Java helps startups in Emerging Technologies and Markets (Bryan Cheng - Globalscale Technologies, Inc.)
- Liquor Dispensing and Management Systems featuring Java SE7 Embedded (Nicola La Gloria - SI14)
We expect the last session will require some additional field research during the conference. Attendees of both JavaOne and Oracle Openworld can attend Java Embedded @ JavaOne by purchasing a $100.00 USD upgrade to their full conference pass. Rates for attending Embedded @ JavaOne alone are here. Register now!
Friday Aug 17, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Aug 17, 2012
Join the GlassFish Community for their annual GlassFish Community Event at JavaOne 2012 on Sunday, September 30, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT), at Moscone West Room 2005. It's fun and free!
The day will include:
- Free-form Q&A with a Speaker Panel from the Oracle GlassFish Team
- Roadmap and Community Updates
- Customer Testimonials
You will get to:
- Meet key members of the Oracle GlassFish team including Architects, Java EE spec leads, and Product Managers in an intimate setting
- Hear great customer testimonials who are using GlassFish in successful production deployments today
- Know the latest news about how Java EE 7 is going to shape the cloud
- Find out product features before the formal start of the conference
- Pick topics of your interest and drive the agenda in an unconference
- Learn how GlassFish community is thriving under Oracle
- Help shape the future of GlassFish and Community
- Grab limited edition GlassFish t-shirt (new one coming this year)
- Most importantly, have lots of fun!
Sign up for this free event !
Note: The location will be Moscone West Room 2005. A JavaOne Pass is required to enter Moscone Center. All passes will suffice, including Discover, Exhibitor, Press, Blogger, etc.
Thursday Aug 16, 2012
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Aug 16, 2012
Java University is a one-day training held on Sunday September 30th at the Hilton Union Square from 8:00am-3:30 pm. It includes accelerated Java training in a seminar-style format taught by Oracle engineers, community experts, and Oracle University instructors. The training provides in-depth content, real-world examples, and demos that you can apply right away.
Here ate the top 5 reasons you should attend Java University pre-conference training:
1. Save time, train while you are at the conference instead of taking more time away from work for a separate training.
2. Get Java training at an accelerated pace – 4 days of training in just one day.
3. Learn Java from the best: community experts and Java gurus from Oracle – including Luc Duponcheel, Chris Richardson, Sang Shin, Joe Boulenouar and many more.
4. Get the skills that are most in-demand in the marketplace today. Sessions are being offered based on community requests. These courses will prepare you for developing applications for the cloud, improving application performance, or getting the most out of Java SE 7.
5. You can show your Java cred with a Java certification. It will prove you've got wicked Java skills.
Here is the full list of session titles:
· Architect and Design Robust Enterprise Applications for the Cloud and Beyond
· Secure Coding Guidelines for the Java Programming Language
· Developing Portable Enterprise Applications with EJB and JPA
· More Than Skin-Deep: JavaServer Faces 2.2 Foundation and Practice
· Designing and Implementing Secure Java Web Services
· Developing Enterprise Applications with the Spring Framework
· Extreme Performance: Tuning Java SE for Throughput and Latency
· Java SE 7: New Features
· Developing Rich Client Applications with Java SE 7
· Java SE 7 Certification Exam Cram
· Using Java: For PL/SQL and Database Developers
· Build Applications with Oracle ADF: Making Java EE Development Simpler
Here is what past students told us:
“Very profound! The Extreme Performance class was excellent and I learned a lot.”
“Great class. The instructor [Joe Boulenouar] was an excellent resource. He was very knowledgeable and engaged.”
“Chris Richardson was extremely knowledgeable and able to relate concepts to real world problems. He could teach almost anything and I would enjoy his presentation.”
“The JSF course was very good and there were a lot of real-world examples that will help me in my day-to-day work”
“There was a lot covered in the [Web Services] class. Very clear instruction and the instructor was willing to explain complex topics in depth while keeping the class moving. It was a great class.”
Add Java University to your conference pass registration so you can get the most out of Java. All of the details, course descriptions, instructor bios and registration links can be found on the Java University at JavaOne page.
- Register with a Group and Save!
- JCP at JavaOne 2015
- NetBeans at JavaOne 2015
- Experience San Francisco!
- Geek Bike Ride before JavaOne 2015
- JavaOne Schedule Builder is Live
- JavaOne T-Shirt Design Challenge
- 20 Years of Java: Developer Interviews Part 3
- Rock Out at the Oracle Appreciation Event
- 20 Years of Java: Developer Interviews Part 2