Thursday Sep 19, 2013
Tuesday Sep 17, 2013
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Sep 17, 2013
Members of Java User Groups from around the world will converge in San Francisco on Sunday before JavaOne to discuss everything from Java technology to how to plan a Java event. Join us at Moscone West Rooms 3020 and 3022 and join the discussions! You'll notice a nice, big gap in the middle of the day so you can attend the JavaOne keynotes and then come back. Note: You must be registered for JavaOne or Oracle Open World to attend.
Here is the current schedule (subject to change, of course):
|UGF10329||Introduction to Java 7 and 8: JVM, Language, and Platform||Timothy Fagan, Dario Laverde||08:00 AM||09:00 AM|
|UGF10549||Fundamental Paradigms for Java Developers: NoSQL and OSGI||Thomas Rafael Modeneis, Otávio Santana||08:00 AM||09:00 AM|
|UGF10501||Garbage Collection: The Useful Parts, Part 1||John Oliver||09:15 AM||10:15 AM|
|UGF10548||Java and the Raspberry Pi: DIY to a New Level||Vinicius Senger||09:15 AM||10:15 AM|
|UGF10520||Java 8: The Good Parts||Konrad Malawski, Andrzej Grzesik||10:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|UGF10588||Organizing Your Local Community: User Groups, Meetups, Beer Bashes...||Grzegorz Duda, Ryan Cuprak||10:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|UGF10328||Gooey and Sticky Parts: Everything You Wanted to Know About Java||Olena Syrota, John Yeary, Alexis Lopez||03:30 PM||04:30 PM|
|UGF10331||Getting Speakers, Finding Sponsors, Planning Events||Robert Paulin, Freddy Guime||03:30 PM||04:30 PM|
|UGF10330||Planning a Successful Java Event||Badr ElHouari, Faiçal Boutaounte||04:45 PM||05:45 PM|
|UGF10363||OpenJDK and JCP: Success Through Contribution||Helio Frota, Daniel Sachse||04:45 PM||05:45 PM|
|UGF10364||JCP Community Meeting, Part 1||Israel Boza Rodriguez, Gabriel Acebo||06:00 PM||07:00 PM|
|UGF10365||JCP Community Meeting, Part 2||John Yeary||06:00 PM||07:00 PM|
See you there!
Monday Sep 16, 2013
By Tori Wieldt-Oracle on Sep 16, 2013
The Silicon Valley JUG will host the annual Geek Bike Ride the Saturday before JavaOne. We'll meet at Pier 41 in Fisherman's Wharf and ride across the bridge and down into Sausalito, and then take a ferry back to the city. JUG leader Kevin Nilson said "Last year's ride was a ton of fun, so I hope all of you can join us this year."
|The 2012 Geek Bike Ride|
Meet at Blazing Saddles bike rental at Pier 41 to rent bikes. When: Saturday, September 21, 11:00 AM. If you want to attend please send Kevin an email (kevinATjavaclimberDOTcom) and he will invite you. The Geek Bike Ride event is free and open to all.
Thursday Aug 22, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 22, 2013
Wednesday Aug 21, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 21, 2013
- A Tour of REST with Matt Heimer
- Architect and Design Robust Enterprise Applications for the Cloud and Beyond with Joe Boulenouar
- Certification Exam Cram: Java SE 7 Programmer I and II with Evan Troyka
- Certification Exam Cram: Java EE 5/6 Web Component Developer with Michael Ernest
- Getting Started with JavaFX with Paul Anderson
- Getting Started with the Java EE 7 New Features with Eduardo Moranchel and Edgar Martinez
- JSF from a New Perspective: JSF 2.2, HTML5, Bean Validation 1.1, EL 3.0, JPA 2.1 with Ed Burns and Oliver Szymanski
- Java Performance Tuning with Ben Evans
- Using Java 7 & 8 Features in your code with Martijn Verburg
Tuesday Aug 20, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 20, 2013
The Java Embedded Challenge for Raspberry Pi promises to be a geeky, fun, hands-on, collaborative and innovative extravaganza. You will have access to a dedicated room, training, experts and equipment. Raspberry Pi's and accessories will be provided.
You will just need to bring your laptop, teammates, ideas and maybe your own equipment. We built a flexible schedule so you can step out and go to the sessions when you want.
JavaOne attendees can register now to reserve a space.
Friday May 31, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 31, 2013
Wednesday May 15, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 15, 2013
Friday Apr 12, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 12, 2013
Wednesday Mar 20, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Mar 20, 2013
Client and Embedded Development with JavaFX
Core Java Platform
Edge Computing with Java in Embedded, Smart Card, and IoT Applications
Emerging Languages on the Java Virtual Machine
Java Development Tools and Techniques
Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
Java Web Services and the Cloud
Speakers will be notified during the second half of June and will receive a complimentary pass to the conference.
Review the submission process, don't miss the useful tips and guidelines and submit a proposal today.
Sign up here to receive more information on JavaOne and to be notified when registration opens.
- Submit Nominations for Duke's Choice Awards Latin America
- Register for JavaOne Latin America
- Call for Papers Deadline Extended!
- Save the Date: JavaOne San Francisco
- Gosling is admiral of a fleet of robotic marine drones
- What’s Inside Oracle Cloud for You
- A New Way to Program in Java EE 8
- 3D Printing with a Java Rockstar
- Robots Look for Human Companions at JavaOne
- New Java Releases Will Tackle Developer Pain Points