By David Lopez
Looking to catch up on your Java knowledge before this year’s JavaOne conference? Or are you looking to get even more Java knowledge out of your trip to San Francisco? Either way, check out this year’s Java University Sessions held on Sunday October 25th just before JavaOne.
These sessions are a full day of pre-conference training taught by Java Experts. You’ll be able to really dive in to the material during a Java University Session because each one runs from 9am to 4pm with an hour lunch break (a box lunch is included). Each session includes a lecture, some white boarding, and demos. Session slides are made available to participants after the course, so you can stay fresh on the info.
This year we’re offering 8 different sessions. Sessions are designed for varying skill levels, from no Java experience to students to professional developers. These sessions are perfect for sharpening your skills in preparation for JavaOne. Sessions this year are:
• Architect and Design Secure Robust Enterprise Java Applications for the Cloud and Beyond
• Creating Engaging Games with Java FX 8: A Case Study
• Recommended Practices for Java Performance Tuning
• Stay Current with Java SE 8: Java Oracle Certified Professional Exam Cram
• The Latest and the Greatest of RESTful Web Services
• Using the Power of JSF 2.X, HTML5, WebSocket, and JSON
• Using the Power of Java 8 Lambda Expressions and Streams
With these sessions, you’ll be able to save time with the accelerated pace, and you can get in-demand skills for today’s world. Add Java University to your conference pass during registration to get the most Java knowledge, and learn more about what’s offered at this year’s JavaOne by checking out the content catalog here.