By Tomas Brandalik on Dec 21, 2009
Merry Christmas to everyone and especially to all Mac users. There's still few days remaining to Christmas but we are giving presents already. Thanks to great effort of software and quality engineering during last weeks we have managed to wrap up our Mac release before end of this year and make it public today. You can download Java ME SDK 3.0 for Mac OS and try out Java ME cldc/midp mobile development on Mac OS for the first time.
Java ME SDK 3.0 for Mac OS contains these key features:
Contains complete Mobile Service Architecture (MSA 1.1) stack except JSR234 - Advanced Multimedia Supplements
- Mobile Sensor API (JSR 256)
- XML API for Java ME (JSR 280)
- Payment API (JSR 229)
On device deployment and debugging support
- SDK comes with one-click solution for easy testing your apps right on the device.
- Windows Mobile JVM is included in SDK
Integrated Lightweight UI Toolkit
- LWUIT version 1.2 library and resources manager integrated into SDK makes development of rich UI easy
CPU profiling support
- A built-in profiler lets you easily profile CLDC/MIDP applications. The profiler is based on the successful Netbeans profiler used in VisualVM, which is bundled with Java SE 6
New development environment based on Netbeans 6.7 platform
- SDK leverages the successful Netbeans platform. A shared project system allows easy transition of your project to the rich, full-featured CLDC/MIDP development tool Netbeans Mobility Pack
JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6 support
- Both JDK are now supported although upgrade to 1.6 is recommended
Device search database
- Technical specifications of thousands of mobile devices are now available through the database search tool.
Java FX Mobile emulator
- The SDK includes the JavaFX Runtime version 1.2.1 and two default phone skins for JavaFX Mobile.
- stop all emulators and Java ME SDK IDE
- stop device-manager. If running on jdk 1.6 click on the icon in status bar and chose Exit. If running on jdk 1.5 use ps aux | grep device-manager.app and kill the process
- remove Early Access rm -rf /Applications/Java_ME_SDK_3.0.app
- remove working directory rm -rf /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/javame-sdk
Merry Christmas and happy New Year