By Radko Najman on Oct 21, 2009
Mac developers have often asked when Java ME SDK 3.0 will be available for their operating system. We always answered that we were working on it. Today is the day when it happened, we have released Java ME SDK 3.0 Early Access for Mac OS X. You can download it from http://java.sun.com/javame/downloads/sdk30.jsp.
Highlights of Java ME SDK 3.0 Early Access, Mac OS X:
- Bringing functionality of the famous Wireless Toolkit to Mac
- Unique architecture enabling work with the real device from ME
SDK 3.0 now running on Mac OS. Communication with the devices,
application deployment and even On-Device debugging over the Wi-Fi.
- Support for the latest CLDC Hot Spot VM and Java Micro Edition APIs
- High End Tools for optimizations: Profiler, Network Monitor, Support for Debugging, Wireless Messaging Console and many more
- Introducing JavaFX 1.2.1 Mobile emulator running on Mac OS
- Integrated Device Search Database for easy reference
- Powerful Autoupdate for additional plug-ins and product updates
- Development Environment based on NetBeans Platform