Creating new emulator instances
By Tomas Brandalik on May 29, 2009
Each emulator has 2 instances by default in Java ME SDK. For example DefaultCldcPhone has 2 instances DefaultCldcPhone1 and DefaultCldcPhone2. Developers ussualy don't need to run more than 2 instances simultaneously, but if it's necessary you can easily add new instances.
- go to toolkit-lib/process/device-manager/device-adapter/DefaultCldcPhone and copy file 2.bean into 3.bean, 4.bean etc.
- edit new bean to contain name of DefaultCldcPhone3 and link to DefaultCldcPhone3.properties
- go to toolkit-lib/process/device-manager/conf and copy DefaultCldcPhone.properties into DefaultCldcPhone3.properties
- stop device-manager and remove <userhome>/javame-sdk/3.0/work
- start again device-manager