JavaFX Dialogs, Anyone?
By MkHeck on Aug 29, 2012
- Already developed. Time required to implement is limited to downloading and decompressing the file, doing a bit of reading, and writing a few lines of code to try things out.
- Easy. Most of the work is done, and the interface is pretty simple.
- Open source. If you want to make changes - and I'm already thinking along those lines, so you may as well admit you will, too - you can do it.
- Documentation. What you see on the Wiki page is the extent of it.
- Lack of activity. As of the date this article was published, the code hasn't been updated in several months...so the project is a bit stale.
Wrapping It Up
If you need a quick, drop-in dialog capability for your JavaFX 2.x app, give it a try and see what you think. And if you're already using something you like, please share it as well! I'd love to hear from you, take a look at what you pass along, and maybe do a "dialog shoot-out" article in the future. So..what works for you? :-)