By lukas on Mar 12, 2010
Unfortunately, we discovered serious bug in the Preview2 of JavaFX Composer. Thank you, v.petrovic.rs for discovering and reporting the problem. As there is a workaround to this problem and the JavaFX Composer is still in Preview "only" we will not provide a patch for this bug.
If you set any value to a "Text Fill" property of any Label component,
then first you will start seeing the IllegalStateException in the
console. If you save and close such a design, then you will NOT be able to reopen it anymore.The design will open as empty / blank
- Open your Main.fxc file in an external file editor.
- Find all lines that starts like this: <Reference name="textFill" >
- Delete all these lines and save the file.
- Now you should be able to open the design file in NB IDE again.
- Do NOT set any "Text Fill" property on any Label component using a specific value.
- Instead open the property editor for the property. In dialog, check "Use Text Fill resolved from field:" radio-button and enter your color into the text-field below. The color must be entered as a custom-code e.g. javafx.scene.paint.Color.BLACK
- This way the "Text Fill" color will NOT be visualized in the design view and you will be able to open your design.