[BUG in preview2] Blank document when you use Text Fill of Label
By lukas on Mar 12, 2010
Unfortunately, we discovered serious bug in the Preview2 of JavaFX Composer. Thank you, v.petrovic.rs for discovering and reporting the problem. As there is a workaround to this problem and the JavaFX Composer is still in Preview "only" we will not provide a patch for this bug.
If you set any value to a "Text Fill" property of any Label component,
then first you will start seeing the IllegalStateException in the
console. If you save and close such a design, then you will NOT be able to reopen it anymore.The design will open as empty / blank
- Open your Main.fxc file in an external file editor.
- Find all lines that starts like this: <Reference name="textFill" >
- Delete all these lines and save the file.
- Now you should be able to open the design file in NB IDE again.
- Do NOT set any "Text Fill" property on any Label component using a specific value.
- Instead open the property editor for the property. In dialog, check "Use Text Fill resolved from field:" radio-button and enter your color into the text-field below. The color must be entered as a custom-code e.g. javafx.scene.paint.Color.BLACK
- This way the "Text Fill" color will NOT be visualized in the design view and you will be able to open your design.