The Jan/Feb Java Magazine will go out next week. It's full of great Java stories, interviews and technical articles. It also includes a Fix This section; the idea of this section is challenging a Java developer's coding skills. It's a multiple-choice brainteaser that includes code and possible answers. The answer is provided in the next issue. For an example, check out Fix This in the Java Magazine premier issue.
We are looking for community submissions to Fix This. Do you have a good code brain teaser? Remember, you want tease your fellow devs, not stump them completely! If you have a submission, here's what you do:
1. State the problem, including a short summary of the tool/technique, in about 75 words.
2. Send us the code snippet, with a short set-up so readers know what they are looking at (such as, "Consider the following piece of code to have database access within a Servlet.")
3. Provide four multiple-choice answers to the question, "What's the fix?"
4. Give us the answer, along with a brief explanation of why.
5. Tell us who you are (name, occupation, etc.)
6. Email the above to JAVAMAG_US at ORACLE.COM with "Fix This Submission" in the title.
Deadlines for Fix This for next two issues of Java Magazine are Dec. 12th and Jan. 15th. Bring It!