- Java SE 8 Certification
- RetroPi Handheld Java Gaming
- Tips and Tricks for Better Applications
- Java SE Webinar Replay
- 2016 JavaOne Registration Now Open
- New Java Champion Pratik Patel
- JavaFX Applications Across Devises
- New Release JDK 8u91 and JDK 8u92
- New Java Champion Axel Fontaine
- 2016 JavaOne Call for Papers Open
Tuesday May 03, 2016
Tuesday May 13, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on May 13, 2014
Watch the videos in the order shown below
Friday Apr 25, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Apr 25, 2014
Looking for a little help to create a winning project for the IoT Developer challenge? Schedule a 15 minute coaching session with our technical expert Vinicius Senger. He has a lot of experience creating IoT projects and can help you to take your idea to the next level and to troubleshoot your technical issues.
There are only 5 weeks left before the May 30 deadline to submit your video and the code of your project. Take advantage of this great opportunity to get personal coaching. Register now! Here are the current dates of the coaching sessions:
1. April 29, 2014 at 8:00pm in Sao Paulo Brazil (BR); 7:00pm eastern time, US ; 4:00pm California time; 11:00pm UTC/GMT
2. April 30, 2014 at 3:00pm in Sao Paulo Brazil (BR); 2:00pm eastern time, US ; 11:00am California time; 6:00pm UTC/GMT; 10:00pm in Moscow Russia; 8:00pm in Warsaw Poland
4. May 8, 2014 at 11:00pm in Sao Paulo Brazil (BR); May 9 at 10:00 am in Singapore; 10:00am in Beijing China; 10:00am Tokyo Japan; 7:30 am Mumbai India; 2:00am UTC
In addition, ask questions on the forums, check our code samples and watch our training.
Friday Feb 07, 2014
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 07, 2014
Thursday Jul 11, 2013
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Jul 11, 2013
Monday Feb 27, 2012
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Feb 27, 2012
Today, Oracle Academy announced new Java curriculum for secondary schools, colleges and universities supporting hundreds of thousands of students. The training will include:
- Java Fundamentals and Java Programming courses, designed especially for secondary schools and 2-year colleges
- A comprehensive portfolio of Java courses for four-year colleges and universities
- Training that supports teachers/faculty to deliver the Oracle Academy’s Java curriculum
- Java competitions that help students develop and showcase their technology skills.
Monday Aug 01, 2011
By Yolande Poirier-Oracle on Aug 01, 2011
Java SE 7 Training - New!
Oracle University has announced its updated Learning Paths for Java SE 7. Experienced Java programmers and developers should take the new 2-day Java SE 7 New Features course. For those just getting started with Java programming or looking to expand their knowledge or prepare for a certification exam, the core training courses for Java SE 7 will be updated in the coming months. And, of course, instructor-led and self-study training classes are still available from Oracle University for those who prefer to train on Java SE 6 for now.
Learning Java from High School to University!
The Java programming language is a valuable skill to prepare today's students for the careers of tomorrow. Oracle is collaborating with Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Kent to bring Alice, Greenfoot and BlueJ, three innovative tools to teach students programming and Java in a fun way. First time programmers have the option to use drag-and-drop interfaces and experienced students can use the coding interface.
From Aug. 10th to 12th, 2011, 300 high school students and teachersfrom the Bay Area will create animations with thedrag and drop interfaces of Alice and Greenfoot during a 3-day Java Summer Workshop. Teachers and accompanying adults have the option of deepening their knowledge with the 2- day volunteer training on Aug. 8th and 9th. They will be better suited to assist students during the workshop and integrate Alice and Greefoot in their future activities and training. More information
Oct. 2th to 6th, 2011 at JavaOne, with the affordable Discover Pass, teachers and qualifying students can greatly benefit from the industry-leading Java conference. Students also can get a FREE ticket if they are enrolled for 6 units at accredited learning organizations. Space permitting, sessions, BOF (Bird-of-a-Feather) and HOL (Hands-on Labs) on Alice, Greenfoot, BlueJ and Java will be available to high school and university students and teachers. Participants will get the latest on Java software technology by attending JavaOne keynotes, visiting the exhibit hall and networking with top programmers in the industry.
Oracle Java Olympics – CIS Region: Rewarding Top Programming Skills!
This programming contest is for university students to write the best code with Java 7 and NetBeans. Organized this year with the collaboration of IT-Planet, the competition is available in Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus. Starting in September, candidates will compete in 3 rounds, each consisting of an online quiz, a programming test and final test. Three finalists will be declared from twenty-one best student developers in Spring 2012.
Insider News from the Java Team at Oracle!